Over-challenged??? Ha! And I say that in a nice way. I went for a run on Saturday morning and it was quite a painful run, I had a pain down deep in my belly, and it made me think of all the challenges I'm doing at the moment. Yep, yell out a challenge and I'm your girl! I think I may have bitten off one too many at the moment.
So in no particular order, these are the challenges I'm currently in the midst of:
So whilst on my run I was hurting, it was the dead bugs I'm thinking!! Maybe my core is starting to tighten up and work. So tell me, do you challenge yourself (not necessarily exercise related) like this? I think I'm goal orientated so challenges work for me. But maybe not so many at the one time perhaps??
Some pics from my Saturday run. I told Mike I was going to head out to run around town. And I meant AROUND town !! I persevered and completed 7.2 km which took me around the circumference of our town. Some of the roads are stock routes, some of the roads are bitumen, a bit of everything.
So in no particular order, these are the challenges I'm currently in the midst of:
Run 1000 km in a year (current total = 524.8 km)
No Junk Food for August Challenge (blitzing it !!)
Mind Body Motion Multi-Stage Km-athon (training to take part in October)
Commenced another round of 12WBT (heading into week 2)
Dead Bugs Challenge (ha! I don't think I'll enlighten you, keep you guessing!!)
And training for three upcoming Fun Runs I've entered
And on the craft front in the middle of the Chevron Crochet-a-long (with some friends)
So whilst on my run I was hurting, it was the dead bugs I'm thinking!! Maybe my core is starting to tighten up and work. So tell me, do you challenge yourself (not necessarily exercise related) like this? I think I'm goal orientated so challenges work for me. But maybe not so many at the one time perhaps??
Some pics from my Saturday run. I told Mike I was going to head out to run around town. And I meant AROUND town !! I persevered and completed 7.2 km which took me around the circumference of our town. Some of the roads are stock routes, some of the roads are bitumen, a bit of everything.
Saturday night we headed to Geelong and met up with Mike's dad and partner and went to the Buddy Holly Tribute Concert. The tickets (and our company!!) was a gift to his dad for his birthday. First stop the RSL for dinner - score! I had grilled barramundi and salad and no chips. Followed by a skinny latte. Did well.
Then what a rollicking great time the show was. The singer sounded just like the tracks I had heard Buddy Holly sing. Thoroughly entertaining. I seat danced like there was no tomorrow. Mike's dad had the best time. Great choice of birthday present.
We got home after midnight after the long drive back home to find that Harry Houdini (Lucky) had escaped from the back yard and was sitting up on the porch waiting for us, like a ticked off parent no less! He had ditched the coat I had put on him, how I'll never know, found it in the backyard. I also found where he had gotten out of the back yard which involved moving a very large log of wood. So I goget Molly out to bring her inside, and she came out limping. What the heck went on while we were gone??
We are wondering whether Molly tried to follow Lucky out the gap in the fence and got herself stuck and wrenched herself getting free? Did she have a hand in the escape and somehow help push the log through. All I know now is she's limping. No cuts, no sores, I think it's muscular. She's allowing me to stroke her leg, there may be a bit of swelling (it's her front right leg so it's not her ACL), so I've been putting Rapidgel on it today which seems to be helping. (Rapidgel is my secret ingredient for my poor old knees when I run, don't judge me, yes it's a Vet product!!) We will keep an eye on her the next day or so and if it doesn't get better seek further advice. She's still happy though, it's not troubling her apart from the awkward limpy walk, I was out planting a few plants this afternoon and she came out with me rolling around for a tummy rub on her back, so that was a very good (and relieved) sign to me.
And finally a scrapbook page I finished tonight, I wanted to document the moment we held the little one for the first time.





3 comments:
Wow - you do love a challenge! For me, it's enough to work full-time (a challenge in itself) and do the 12WBT. If I can manage those two, I'm doing well.
7.2km? Nice work :-)
Oh yes I understand.
For some reason a challenge post I wrote in November last year has been the flavour of the month in regards to visit to my sight.
Sometimes you just gotta have different challenges for different area's of your life.
You go out and crush it either way.
good job on the many challenges!!!! You should be wearing a wonder woman costume!!!! LOL
Post a Comment