We've had quite a few new local people join 12wbt this round and it's great to see the camaraderie already developing in our little Warrnambool & Surrounds 12wbt crew. A number of us 'oldies' ... well who knew I'd still be hard at it a year down the track, normally I'd have given up by now ... recently displayed our before and (well I'm going to say) 'during' shots (not quite an 'after' shot for me yet) in an effort to bolster up hope and enthusiasm and get the fire in their bellies as to what can be achieved.
Now I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the WWW is just not quite ready to see me in my undies. It's all very well that the administration at 12wbt get to see it, but that's as far as it goes. Maybe one day, who knows. Then you can compare apples with apples, as when Mike takes my 12 week photos he makes sure I'm standing in exactly the same spot holding the exact same pose each time.
So until then, undies shots aside, I went delving through my photos to find a before shot, and it was like a slap in the face when I found this one from a month or so before I started pre-season Round 2 of 2012. It's hard to even remember looking like this any more. My eyes look so small on my face, because my face was so round. I remember this day, it was a presentation at my work and I thought I actually looked alright. But right now it is actually painful for me to look at my before photo and it hurts me, and I'm actually quite angry at myself to think how much time I wasted.
Oh yes, there's a smile on my 'before' face, but it's only a surface smile, it doesn't quite reach my eyes. And sitting here at the computer looking at these photos side by side it has brought me to tears. I actually have a pain in my chest looking at it. The feelings of being uncomfortable, tight chested, self-conscious, awkward, and just plain heavy are all flooding back. It's a very sad feeling.
This is going to be my wake up call, any time I start to get complacent with my exercise or if my calorie intake looks to be in excess during the day, I'm going to flick out this side by side photo and it will be enough to steer me back on the straight and narrow.
Another PB if you please :-)
Hubby has been away camping this weekend with his gold detecting group and a year ago when these weekends rolled around I would get in the comfort food, visit the road house for hot chippies, chocolate, you name it, sludge around on the couch and not do much at all. Not any more. I cook something amazingly healthy and enjoy it. I exercise. I play with the animals. I get out and about. I drink my water. I get through the weekend with so much energy. This weekend was no exception.
I bounded out of bed on Saturday morning knowing I wanted to go for a good run. And I did it again, my longest non-stop run to date. 10.6 kilometres in 1 hour 17 mins. I must admit though the last 2 kms were not pretty, not by a long shot. About the 7 km mark I developed a blister on my right foot, always in the same place on the inner side of my foot just down from my big toe. I persevered but when I got near to my house there was no way I was going to do another blockie and try to make it to the 11km, so I called it quits at 10.6km. Still so incredibly proud of myself. Couldn't wait to ring Mike to let him know. He was whooping and hollaring on the phone.
But now I'm nursing a blistered foot yet again, only the right foot this time. Must get it better for Sunday, I have another fun run on the horizon.

4 comments:
Blisters are confirmation that you are a runner!
AWESOME transformation. You are beaming happiness and confidence in your "now" photo!
I'm sorry that this makes you upset ((hugs)) - it really is an amazing transformation and one to be proud of.
And speaking of proud - Woo hoo for the PB!! Congrats, lovely. :)
Well done Carol, that is fantastic work. Stick at it and you will be running half marathons in no time.
F**k me!
Excuse my language, but I think that you understand.
D x
Post a Comment