Friday, May 24, 2013

A Head Spin for sure !

Well I had a bit of a mind blow out head spin today, so thought I'd share. 

I'm doing the Run the Gap on Sunday, ooooooh I'm so excited.  My favourite place on earth is Halls Gap.  My favourite thing to do now is run.  Combine the both ... a fun run *AT* Halls Gap and I am one happy chicky!!!!  

But I am presuming it is going to be waaaaaay cold up there first thing in the morning so I went to a sports store today looking for a long sleeve running shirt.  I ended up being the only person in the store with two male attendants which made me feel uncomfortable anyway having a strange guy help me pick clothes.  I'm old fashioned like that.  I was going to take flight but for whatever reason, I have no idea, I threw caution to the wind and went with it rather than walk the other way. 

Told him what I was after, we found a couple of shirts and we were sorting through sizes and he asked what size I wanted and I just said 16 (puffing my chest out quite proud it wasn't the old 18 to 20 I'd be asking for).  He took one look at me and said...

"Get out, that would swim on you, you'd be... (sizing me up) ...I reckon a size 12". 

Holy shit are you freaking kidding me???  You know it's one thing to TRY to believe it in my head and still not quite making the connection, even though my friends and family and of course Mike tell me I look so different, I've come so far, yada yada yada.  And of course I see it in the photos but I still sometimes FEEL FAT, if that makes sense.  But to have a complete stranger tell me, he had no idea I had lost 30-odd kilograms, he had no idea I was having body issues, he had no idea I worry about my lumpy and bumpy bits, but for him to tell me I was a normal size, made me stop in my tracks.  

THEN to have it fit as well, well I must admit I nearly lost it there and then in the change room, I had such a head spin.  I might finally be at a point of it sinking in.  I didn't have long to be lost in thought though as he started handing me more tops over the top of the change room.  He had turned into a regular girl !!! (or a very astute salesperson) ha.  I had 10 tops in there trying them on.

I found a mean looking black Puma long sleeved top, in breathable fabric, and it was so light, but at the same time warm.  Plus it had retro aqua stripes on the side which I'm sure will make me run faster.  :-)

It has kind of messed with my head today, in a good way though. 



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Been there with the same feelings when I realised my size jeans didn't have a 4 in front of them. Well done and has a zero in it.

Woo Hoo.....

Unknown said...

The last part was mean to read the best thing will be when the next size has a zero in it. Stupid apple keyboard.

Myriddian Shrinks said...

Well done, hope your still riding that high.
Enjoy your run tomorrow :)

Unknown said...

That's a fantastic story! Congratulations. xo

Emily Turkalj said...

So awesome!! Well done!

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy how you write - great imagery, and at times it's like I'm there with you.

(ps - my favourite bit: "He had turned into a regular girl!!!" lol)

:)

Leather Catsuit said...

PS, Well, I think that I've found Carol, and i think that she's pretty cool.