I was aiming to be under 60 minutes, so I'm thrilled to find out I did it in... (drum roll please) ...
- 56 minutes and 37.3 seconds. Yahooooooo!
- Overall placing in the 8km run was 663 out of 735 runners.
- 108th place in the Female 40-49 age group.
- And 468th female over the line.
The last two out of how many I have no idea, and no inclination to count through the people under my name on the list. :-)
This quote pretty much summed up how I felt on Sunday. For sure.
And a new round starts...
Day 1 today, I'm feeling so positive this round. I have two main goals for the next 12 weeks.
Firstly my mini-goal is to get into the 70's. I will be thrilled the moment the scales say 79.999999999kg. It's kind of like a ledge to get over, if that makes sense.
My major goal for this round is for my weight to be lower than Mike's, for the first time in our relationship. He's hovering around the 75-76kg mark. I figure if I just keep buying him icecream for dessert and Turkish Delight chocolate (which I won't come within six feet of) I should have this in the bag!! ha! Only kidding about the icecream and chocky, I wouldn't do that to him ... although ... wistfully looking out into the distance.
OH AND A PS: I did wear my MDC princess sash to work and I'd still be wearing it right now if I hadn't left it there! tee hee. I'm getting mileage out of being a princess this week.

2 comments:
Sounds like you are kicking goals at the moment Carol-good on you! :) I love your plan to plump your fella up..my bloke has a massive sweet tooth too, and I think your angle might be a good one ;) Bahaha.
That's a great post Carole, congratulations on your fabulous run at the MDC. I love that quote, I think of the folks injured in Boston every time I lace up. All the best for this round.
Indigo Kate
Post a Comment