I got home tonight from work and there was an envelope on the table. That's my mum for you. She doesn't have the internet, can't work out how to send sms's on the phone for the life of her, but loves to sit down and write handwritten letters. That and send every cut out and tidbit of news from the local paper down there to me.
So anyway I open the envelope and there's a card inside. I started reading and cried like a baby. How is it that I get to 48 and yet words from my mum can turn back the clock and I'm a young girl once again getting praise from a parent?
But it's all good and I'm still tearful and smiling just reading it again.
In case you can't read her little writing here in the pic, and I'm sure she won't mind sharing, here is what she wrote:
"Dear Carol
I am so very very proud of you. From where you were to where you are now. You have achieved so much. To see you run was so emotional and to see you finish was so great. You have made such great friends on the way and you look so fantastic. Keep up the good work.
All my love, Mum. xxxxx
PS. Dad would also be so proud of you xx"
I knew she had a great morning at the Mothers Day Classic, and I was excited that mum was going to see me run for the first time, but I didn't realise just how proud she was of me. And I just know that my dad would have been looking down at me and whooping and hollaring with the best of them urging me on.
Okay off to go sob some more. Photo here taken by the ME Bank (sponsor) photographer.
Now, go hug your mum, or say a prayer for your mum, or ring your mum. She's probably feeling the same way about you as mine is about me right now.
(on second thoughts, don't ring her RIGHT now, it's late and she'll probably be pissed at you for getting her out of bed!!)
By the way, first weigh in today and I'm off to a cracking start. 800 grams gone. Considering the last 12 weeks I lost a sum total of 3kg, I'm feeling pretty darn positive with my first week's weigh in of the round.


3 comments:
I would have cried too!
How sweet of your mum, and a special relationship you have going on xoxo
Oh, that's so lovely (I think I have something in my eye) - what a wonderful thing to receive. xx
That is really beautiful. What a sweetheart. Thank you so much for sharing. Reread it often. Congratulations on all your achievements.
Post a Comment