Monday, March 11, 2013

Not one to blow my own trumpet ...

But ...

Last week I was heading down to the foreshore to run after work, before going home.  Have come to really enjoy that part of the day.   I knew last Wednesday I was really going for it, I felt great, the run was feeling really good, there is something to be said for getting miles in your legs.

CHECK ... IT ... OUT


You can't help but be impressed, right?

506.23 kilometres all done in 21 minutes and 54 seconds.  I quite like the fact that I ran a 3 second kilometre too!  Where are the Olympic sign up papers?  But only having burned 563 calories, I think I was short changed in that department.

What on earth happened? ha!  I was running around the Warrnambool foreshore and yes I'll admit it, approx 3km.  I could hear Runkeeper mumbling something on my phone but it was only when I stopped and got it out of my pocket did I see it thinks I ran from Warrnambool to Hay in New South Wales.

I kept thinking about the running clinic I went to where John mentioned that when we run imagine that we are taking off with our feet and spinning the world.  Yep, I pretty much span the world right off it's axis last Wednesday.

It did give me a giggle though.  I was sitting on the chair in the park recovering and slugging down a bottle of water and my phone rang and it was one of my 12wbt friends as it happened and we had a right giggle on the phone when I told her the stats.

But the funniest thing came later.  I got an email from Runkeeper telling me I was busted for a moving violation!  Well that certainly had me giggling all night long.



So since then we've had my husband's Uncle from Scotland visiting so it's been quite an up and down week.  What a jolly man he was too.  I couldn't understand a word he was saying though!!  So I really was out of routine, I made him his favourite meals like lasagne (alas not Mish approved) and we had a terrific picnic in the Grampians which involved the yummiest passionfruit icecream in a waffle cone for dessert!  And breakfast at the surf club which involved a good choice (muesli and yoghurt) but it was so delicious and the bowl was waaaaay big and I ate nearly the lot of it.

However what I did make sure I did whilst he was here was to get up with the birds and out the door running each morning before the sun was up.  Number 1 before it got too hot.  Number 2 to make sure I got my exercise in.  Number 3 to counteract any bad food choices.  And I feel terrific for doing so.

In fact this morning, I was out running again and I just couldn't stop.  Strains of "RUN FORREST RUN" in my ears and I just kept going.  I got back to the corner back to our house and decided to do another blockie, and then I came back to the other end of our street and kept running down to the highway.  Where was this coming from?  Has it all finally clicked?  I just know I have felt on top of the world all day, apart from when I was melting from the heat!!!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Awesome Carol! I can just imagine you running like Forrest Gump!!!
And well done on the 500km run!! haha!!!