I went for another run after work tonight, this time around the lake and then almost a kilometre up the road and back, only a total of 3.6km, which miffed me a bit because I know the lake on it's own is 3km, no matter. I think the GPS gets lost underneath the thick canopy of the norfollk pines along that road. Either that or I'm too fast for it !!! (remember I can run to Hay in NSW in 3 seconds a kilometre!! :-)
So I'm on my run and getting some strange looks tonight from runners going the other way. I did a quick check, no nothing was undone, pants were still there, everything that was not meant to be seen wasn't. I wasn't sure what on earth they were looking at, was I imagining it? Nope, there it was again. I do have my phone tucked into my bra so there was a bit of square boobage going on, but I didn't think that was it. It was very unnerving.
So I just kept on running. Finished the run, recovered a bit, did some stretches, and drove the 50km home hot and sweaty.
Decided to just hit the shower straight away and as I went into the bathroom and caught sight of myself in the mirror I did a double take.
Mish black leggings - check
Bright pink Slazenger running top - check
And a lovely ritzy chi chi pooh pooh strand of pearls - oh Lordy Lord.
Shoot me now, in my haste to get out the door from work tonight I quickly changed into my gear and forgot to take my pearls off.
Definitely a laaah-de-daaah run tonight.
Who knows, maybe I'll wear a tiara tomorrow. Stay tuned. One must maintain standards, even when one is sweating in lycra!!! bwah ha ha ha ha.
1 comment:
You are hilarious. At least you are looking the part Carol.......
Post a Comment