Monday, December 24, 2012
The Grand Plan
I was able to leave work around 1.30pm today so was able to get in and out to the supermarket nice and quick to pick up my fruit and veg for tomorrow's lunch. No lines. Bonus.
So home early from work today and what do I do? Make soup. Ha! While everyone is busying themselves getting ready for the Christmas food fixings, I'm making my favourite Thai Pumpkin Soup. I want to have something delicious and simple on hand in the freezer that I know is satisfying to help me over the next week if needed.
So in the last few days I've made some plans and some deals with myself as to how the next two days are going to go down. I want to say now I am a woman of my word and I don't want any surprises so I've planned my days, which sure, does include an indulgence but a PLANNED one.
Christmas lunch will consist of ham and a rolled roast turkey as a specific request from my husband. I'll be doing vegetables as well, sweet potatoes, broccoli, brussell sprouts, cauli, etc. I'm going to go by the 25% rule thanks to Mish's advice in a recent video. 25% meat, 25% low GI carb, 50% vegetables.
Dessert will be the little Mini Chocolate Fudge Cakes thank you to the 12wbt Christmas lunch menu. Hubby is actually looking forward to it, we don't do the traditional plum pudding as we both don't really like it, so this is not a break from the norm for us to have something different.
Boxing Day the four kids are coming for dinner, soooo looking forward to this. I'll be making Vietnamese rice paper rolls and will make three different dipping sauces for everyone to try. I think this sounds delicious, will be a lovely change after they will have had a big Christmas at their mums the day before. I'll also put together a salad and a vegetable slice to offer something a bit different for them if they want it. But I'm looking forward to the rolls in particular.
My only indulgence is the planned dessert. I'm making individual raspberry chocolate trifles. I like the thought of making individual servings, it's a controlled amount for everyone, including me. This is a planned indulgence and I will savour every mouthful.
There's going to be a bit of give and take there on Boxing Day, but overall I have a plan and I aim to stick with it. I have the sparkling mineral water in the fridge getting nice and chilled, and my usual porridge or sultana bran for breakfast. I think I'm good to go. :-)
Another amazing moment just happened to me 10 minutes ago. One of my husband's mates popped in, we've been storing a couple of their bigger gifts for their kids in our shed, so the kids have gone to bed and it's time for them to collect the gifts. Anyway he finished his cuppa and as he left he gave me a kiss and wished me a Merry Christmas and told me in case I didn't know, I've inspired so many people in town, his wife included, who is now out walking of a morning with another of our friends. I don't know that I'm the inspiration behind this but the fact he said he is also proud of me, really gave me a warm buzz tonight.
The only other thing to say...
Whatever your plan, have a good one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment