I went to the gym after work and actually ran for 30 minutes non-stop on the treadmill, a total of 3.7 km. What a fist pump moment for me. My personal best prior to this was to run 3 km without stopping. That was a big improvement.
I am entered into the Surf T Surf fun run next Sunday.
OMG it's NEXT SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, just a little heart palpitation there.
Breathe in, breathe out.
Sweats.
Profusely.
Okay stop the dramatics and start again...
I am entered into the 6km Surf T Surf fun run next Sunday, just over a week away. This is my first real serious fun run. I'm not counting the Color Run, yes it was a fun run, but there was running, walking, singing, hugging, dancing all involved in that. This Surf T Surf is something I'm doing completely seriously. I have no doubt I am not going to be able to run the whole race, there will be a run/walk/run/shuffle/run thing happening.
Although when I'm out there pounding around town or on the treadmill training, getting my fitness levels and stamina up, I keep thinking back to a post that Coco Girl wrote some time ago on her blog Do go and have a read of it, it's very inspiring. I wonder if she even knows what a profound effect this post had on me, I've bookmarked it and have read it often. I hope I can be as gutsy as she next Sunday.
1 comment:
Oh, sounds like fun! I am sure you will smash it! :)
Post a Comment