Monday, December 10, 2012

I did a PB today !!

Just love that Olympic talk, it gets me going.

Okay so today, I really couldn't be bothered.  You know what it's like when you have a case of the "I can't be bothereds" ?  Well I had that today.  I had planned to go to the gym after work, but 3.30 rocked around, 3.45 ... 4.00 and I was slowly talking myself into not going.

I had a split in the skin on the side of my foot.  
I was tired.
I had had a busy afternoon, I deserved not to go.
I needed to get home to wrap Christmas presents.
I should really go to the supermarket instead.
I, I, I.

But 4.30 came around and I got into my gym gear and off I went.  Ooooooh so glad I did because if I didn't, I wouldn't be feeling so darn good right now.

I ran for 3 kilometres.

NON-STOP !!!!

That has NEVER happened before.   My best time non-stop was 2.1 km and that's purely because I was working out with my friend Tania and she's such a gun and, well to be frank, I was probably trying to impress.  Ha!

But here I was after work.  On my own.  Only me motivating myself.  And I ran for 3 kilometres non-stop.  In 26 minutes.

Yeah I know, it's not earth shattering, it's not ground breaking, but it was non-stop.  I slowed down during the third kilometre, but I kept my shuffle running up.  There's life in the old girl yet.

WARNING WARNING ... RED FLAG ALERT 

I mentioned I was going to another red flag event last Friday.  The Christmas function at the local pub for Mike's Masons.  Actually it was really cool, a lot of them hadn't seen me for a while, and the shocked looks as I walked in, or should I say "sashayed in" !!!! tee hee  Loved it, and so did Mike, he was lapping up all the stares from them.

I checked out the menu and warm chicken salad it was.  It was a delicious meal and I still felt on top of things.  Plus the plate looked really pretty too with the balsamic patterned onto it.  



SCORE:   CAROL  2  /  CHRISTMAS FUNCTIONS  Nil


Sooo happy.  It makes such a difference when you are feeling in control and positive, such a great by-product of losing weight.



Next Christmas function is on Thursday at a work lunch up in Hamilton at a completely unknown place who doesn't seem to have a website so I can't check out the menu.   But I'm 2 for 2, let's go for the hat trick.

No comments: