Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I'm losing count of the score card

The Christmas party/function/get-together scorecard that is.

Let's see, since my last post my husband has had his birthday (51 ... shhh don't tell him I told you).   I made sure I cooked him a special meal, which I didn't particular care for, prawns, ick!  I had a wonderful salad instead.  And pav schmav, it did not pass my lips.  He had the whole pav to himself, a life long fervent wish that he could have a whole pav and didn't have to share with anyone.  Not in one sitting mind you.  I on the other hand had the remaining strawberries, sliced banana and vanilla yoghurt.

PASSED THAT ONE WITH FLYING COLOURS.

Then on Sunday we had an early big family Christmas get together at my father-in-law's place.  Headed down to Ocean Grove, not knowing what on earth he was going to cook up for us.  Mike kept saying, just eat what you feel comfortable eating, he knows you are on this program, you won't hurt his feelings if you turn anything down.  But it must be a woman thing, it's all about the feelings right?

So with trepidation I see him laying out the plates, everyone could serve themselves whatever they wanted and BLESS!  He had a big bowl of salad there too.  I wondered if it was with me in mind.   So I was able to have some turkey and salad, and a huge glass of water.  And I didn't feel deprived.  I cracked my bon bon and wore my silly paper hat with pride.  And being the shutterbug of the family, I busied myself taking photos all day so was up and down and snapping away, no time to snack on lollies like everyone else was.

I did however have the smallest slither of Christmas cake that my father-in-law's partner made and it was delicious.  More so the white icing which sends me into the sugary stratosphere.  So I'm going to call that one a 3/4 PASS.  The day was a success, lunch I passed with flying colours, but I shouldn't perhaps had the Christmas cake for dessert, more so I shouldn't have had the white icing.  But I did enjoy it :-)

SCORE:   CAROL  4 and 3/4    --   CHRISTMAS (and birthday) FUNCTIONS  1/4

And I was delighted this morning to jump on the scales and see an even stevens 1 kg loss for the week.  Yahooooooo!  I've now hit 25.4 kg gone forever, or as my mum likes me to put it into "her speak" that's 55 pounds.  

And here they are, my extended family that I married into, who I love each and every one of them with all my heart.   Hubby in the middle, father-in-law and partner, sister-in-law, husband and two young children, and my four step-children all young adults now.  This is what it's all about isn't it?  Making sure we are the best that we can be, fit and healthy to live a long life with those we love.  




Oh and the two kissing, that's my step-daughter and her fiance!   We'd taken 2 shots due to the magic of the timer on the camera so I could duck back in on the side there, this was the second shot which we didn't realise they had done that until we looked in the view finder.  Love this pic most of all !!  

No comments: