I'm at my mums looking after her as she came out of hospital yesterday. I really worried whether this would set me back in the last week of the round. No familiar gym to go to, up in the air about my meals, just my every day routine being thrown for a loop.
But you know what? I'm conquering it. Yay me! I printed out some recipes from 12wbt and brought them down with me and done a cook up for mums freezer. And incidentally the sweet and sour pork I made last night for dinner mum declared the best ever! High praise to Mish from my mum!
Last night when mum went to bed about 7pm!!! Yikes what a long solitary night ahead of me, I quietly let myself out of the house and went for a run. Yahoooooo. Now this may not be record standards but 3 km in 27 minutes and 56 seconds, I was so damn proud of myself. Ran most of the way, walked little bits of it to catch my breath particularly as there was a rather large hill involved. Then came back to do some quiet sit ups and push ups while mum slept on.
I felt so empowered yesterday. I ate clean, I worked hard, I stayed on track and still managed to look after mum. So it can be done.
Oh and another point of high praise, I brought my finale outfit down to show mum, dress, jewellery, handbag and so okay I forgot my shoes, but I dressed up all the same. Mum took one look at me and cried. The same cry as she did when I went wedding dress shopping and found "the one" all those years ago. It's the first real bit of emotion she's shown regarding my weight loss this time round and it was such a great feeling.
Tonight mum is going to experience all the glory that is Penang Chicken. Mmmmmmmm!
2 comments:
Well done Carol, that is awesome. Doesn't matter how old we get it is still nice to see how proud your mum is of you. I remember the same feeling when my mum told me how well I was doing.
I'm so glad it's going so well! :) I hope your Mum is feeling better! xx
Post a Comment