Tuesday, November 20, 2012

And we're off and running - Round 4

I'm back for Round 4.  I've said I will be in this to the bitter end.  And I'm pumped.  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact I've just come back from Sydney and had an absolutely BRILLIANT time.

I have cried so much this past weekend too (I wonder if tear loss counts in the weight loss game?!?!!), I became a blubbering mess at the start of the workout.  Oh Lordy Lord.  I was moving along with everyone else and it hit me, seeing a wave of people all exercising with Michelle Bridges leading us.  It was just too much and I dissolved into tears.  A number of times.

We had a small Warrnambool contingent in Sydney and it was great to be able to spend some time with them, exercising, partying and sight seeing.  We don't usually see each other all glammed up, it's usually exercise gear at 10 paces!  So that was a fabulous treat.

Here are some pics from the morning exercise session.   Arriving and we thought we were going to be in for a cold session, it was a wee bit chilly.



The gorgeous Mish, who inspires us to achieve more than we could ever think was possible, and then some.



Lynn and I got to meet Leitchy, fellow blogger and twitterer, is that such a word?   Leitchy is a real motivation in himself and it was great to finally meet.  Go read his blog if you get the chance.



A bit red faced after the workout, we were pumped!




After Lynn and I enjoyed a wonderful Japanese lunch, which Michelle would have been proud of, very healthy, the evening was soon upon us and it was time to glam up.   Here I am with my Warrni friends - Debbie and Casey (my Otway Rainfall conspirators from my blog post a month or so ago) and Lynn (my roomie).



Feeling quite the glam girls here, me and Lynn.



It was thrilling that my two Warrni friends Debbie and Casey made the top 20, and not only that, but Casey took out the title.  





Also during the evening I got to meet Coco Butter.  I thought it was her and I got brave enough to come up and say hello and it was.  So glad that I did.  She is so lovely.  Now I get to put a voice to her blog when I read it.



Quite frankly the memories of the weekend I think will be with me forever, my first Finale with good friends, it can't get any better than that.  It has spurred me on though, I met another one of our Warrni group, the very inspiring Tania at the gym today and I went hard.  I did a PB (don't you love the athlete talk) on the treadmill, finally running 2km without stopping.  Now for a lot of peeps that may not be a lot, but for these 48 year old bones who has never run before 12wbt, it is EPIC proportions. 

First weigh in for Round 4 tomorrow and I look forward to it.  Lynn and I kept each other on the straight and narrow, and well apart from a wee indulgence at a French Patisserie, we ate clean the whole weekend.  

To those I met in Sydney, thank you for coming up to me, or not thinking I'm a total loon if I introduced myself as Finding Carol (it was a bit easier that way)!!  And for new friends reading this blog, I can only say that if you get a chance do go to a Finale Party.  It's a wonderful experience to meet like minded people in celebration mode (celebrating exercise and partying) who have been on the same journey as you.

Oh and before I go, we did a lot of sightseeing in Sydney over the weekend too.  We had fun at the Village Bizarre at the Rocks on Friday night, danced in the street, took in the side shows, decided our White Rabbit Bar bunny mask was the perfect accessory to walking around the Village.  12wbt'ers incognito!!



We sailed around the Harbour to glorious views such as this.  Sensational weather.



We had crazy good fun at Madam Tussaud's Wax Works at Darling Harbour.  Lynn and I totally reverted to kids getting our photos taken in all the settings.  We won't even talk about Johnny Depp's bottom, will we Lynn? tee hee.




~~sigh~~ who knew Eric Bana was so tall. 



Loads of hijinks over the weekend with Sunday night culminating in the Bridge Climb.  Lynn and I had coincidentally both done it before on our respective honeymoons.  So we were eager to try it at a different time of day so chose Late Twilight.  Oh how perfect.   Going up before the sun sets, and coming down in the dark.  SENSATIONAL.



Thank you Sydney, you sure did put on a show for us.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was great to meet you as well, glad you had a good time and good luck in round 4.

Coco Girl said...

Oh Carol! :) You were so lovely to meet! Thank you so much for coming up to say hi, I love our photo together and I loved having a chat. Thanks for your ongoing support, it means a lot. Hope you're enjoying Round 4 xx