Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Move over Mish, there's a new Trainer in town!

Yep, and he goes by the name of MY HUSBAND!   I believe that somehow in his many years of bagpipe playing - reed making - and - whiskey drinking it has seemingly made him more qualified than Mish in telling me how to exercise.   :-)

He knows I'm really wanting to be in the 80's by finale (89.9 and I'd be ecstatic) and I know he's trying to be encouraging and helpful, but now he's telling me how to exercise, working out what days of the week would be best suited to gym and what days to home.  And what times of the day would be best suited to my jogging. etc etc.  You get my drift?  Mind you, my husband does not exercise, so don't for a minute think he knows what he's talking about.

Gotta love him.

Because I'm going to be away for about 5 days over the time we'd normally be doing the time trial, measurements, etc at the end of the round, I've done mine this week already, ready to upload.  OH MY!   As normal I had hubby time me and doing the wall sit the other night, all the while he's timing he's doing the "come on baaaaabe, you can doooooo eeeeeet" and the whole pep talk non-stop throughout the sit "just a little bit more, come ooooooon".  You know I love this man to bits, but all I wanted him to do was count me on the clock so I knew how I was going.  In the end I yelled out "WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP AND COUNT" !    Oh I sound so ungrateful don't I?

How come I can get so crotchety ?!?!?!

So the end is nigh, last week of this Round.   And finally I'm jogging properly out in the street.  It's really strange, I can jog on the treadmill, I guess because of the rhythm and the bounciness, but out on the street its a different story entirely.  I usually can't string 500 metres together without having to walk to catch my breath.

But I am proud to say I can now jog 1 kilometre non-stop in the street.  I've been out there of a morning running around the neighbourhood.  Actually the first morning I made it around the big block (which is just over 1km) and got back home, I ran down the driveway with my arms up in the air as if I was finishing the great marathon with the imaginary crowd cheering my name!!  I swear the neighbours must think I'm nuts.   Ahh well, I add a bit of excitement in the street.

So one thing I have learnt this week, particularly when I despaired of ever being able to jog out there is ...


For those doing 12wbt, have a great last week of the round and smash those scales in the final weigh in.

Oh ... I don't mean actually SMASH them, you do realise! ha.  Figuratively.

No comments: