Thursday, November 15, 2012

I made it !

Well I made it to the end of the round, it's now done and almost dusted.   All except for the shennanigans on Saturday in Sydney.

I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was on Wednesday morning.  I weighed in straight away, I was hopping about wanting to jump on those scales.  And there it was.  89.4 kg.  I achieved my goal of being in the 80's by the end of the round.   Well I tell you there was a brass band and cymbals and the crowds going wild playing in my head, ha!  I was so darn pleased with myself.

The weight loss did slow down this round, but end result is that it was less than I started with and that's a good thing.  I also lost 7.9% of my body, I think that's what you say, so that also is a VERY good thing.

My fitness levels went up a bit, most noticeable was the dreaded wall sit.   I will never get to the time my bestie in Tassie can do ... a whopping 19 minutes!  Sheer guts and determination that is.   My 1km time trial is inching its way down.   I did at least find that in Week 12 I could run the entire 1km.  Although I use the term "run" loosely seeings I was slightly up on my run/walk from the Week 8 result.  Obviously I run slower than I walk!  (gulp)


So ..... right now I'm looking at a bed that has piles of clothes on it and a bag that's way too small to fit it all in. ha!  I'm getting my things ready for Sydney.   The Finale Party.   My first one.   I kind of know what to expect having checked out the You Tube videos oh about a zillion times and talked to people who have been to one before.  But I'm still going to be wide-eyed I'm sure.

There's a few of us from Warrnambool going up, at different times, staying different places, however I'm travelling and staying with my new friend Lynn.  We have planned a wonderful weekend, culminating on Sunday night with a twilight Bridge Climb.  We've both done it before but during daylight hours.  I can't wait to see Sydney all sparkly at night.

I will be back with lots of photos, lots of memories and ready to get back into it to do it all again.

Bring on Round 4 !

2 comments:

<----- MZ VICKI said...

OMG THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!
Are you going to do Round 4?
You are totally my inspiration.
Have a super grouse time at the Finale Party!!!!!
I want to see shitloads of photos!
xoxox

M said...

Congrats on your fabulous results!!!

Hope you had a great time at the finale! Wish I had gone now, but will be going to the next one.