I have a sore lower back, ouch! I was alright all day yesterday then started feeling twingy late afternoon. Nothing too bad so thought I might go for a short run to run it out. Although it was a nice easy run I realized that was a big mistake.
Not long after getting home I realised my back was so sore. I made dinner and got to the stage that sitting at the dining table was painful. Standing was painful. Walking was painful. Gaaaaaah.
Ice and rest with doses of Nurofen saw me in bed and I've done bugger all today. More ice. Tried a bit of rolling of my hamstrings and whilst that was painfully good I then had to stand back up again. Ouch.
So a very easy day today. I haven't done hardly anything, mainly lay on the couch with an icepack on my lower back. I say icepack loosely. I'm using one of those picnic basket freezy things wrapped up in s tea towel.
Lucky has stuck with me like glue today. In fact at one stage I was laying on the couch and he decided to lay full length on top of me and go to sleep. Who needs compression wear when you have a dog laying on you!!
With a bit of luck this enforced rest will have me feeling much better tomorrow. Cross fingers.

3 comments:
I hope it's nothing serious Carol. Several years ago I had ongoing issues with back pain and my physio had me alternate the ice pack with heat. He said start with ice - to stop any swelling, then use a heat pack to relax the muscles. Keep alternating. I really enjoy the feeling of my fur-babies laying on me when i nap on the couch, it's a bit like the cuddles we used to get when the kids were little...
Hope your back is feeling better!!! Pets just know when there is something wrong & love to love us then.....
how are you feeling today?
Maybe some water recovery?
Hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment