Saturday, January 10, 2015

Rain rain go away!

So the forecast for tomorrow's Surf T Surf race is 90% chance of rain.  I'm going to go for the 10% certainty of clear skies.  That's my cup's half full mentality at work.   Eh, what will be will be right?

Last night we headed down to Lake Pertobe and took a quick look at the market so I could go and grab my race bag of goodies, and Mike was playing with the pipe band down there.  Somewhere.  We wandered not able to find where he was to go.  As we were wandering beyond the market vicinity a family were walking towards us and Mike looks up and says "G'day Steve!" as if for all the world he knew this man like a long lost friend.  The man said "Hi, how are you going?" as he continued on.  And I did a double take, it was the great Steve Moneghetti !!  

Squeal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wondered if he would have to pick up his race pack too, but sure enough I saw him later on having to do just that.  I wonder if he had to tell them who he was!!  

Roll on tomorrow.   Race recap happening for sure.   I'm down for the 10km race.


Last Wednesday night I mentioned I went to the first of the four Flaggy Summer Series runs after work.  Although the sun was behind cloud cover it was humid, and there was a good turn out.   I met up with Alison and Kellie from the Warrnie 12wbt (and 12wbt Runners Connect) groups, gosh we are everywhere now!  The 5km run was actually 4.6km but it was good.  From Flagstaff Hill through to the Flume, then onto Granny's Grave and back.  I have no idea of my time, I must have paused my Runkeeper as I started it as it said I had run 1 second!! (bahh, if it isn't on Runkeeper it doesn't count right?) and the times haven't been posted, but I did see a 35 min something as I crossed the finish line.  I actually found it hard to breathe in parts heading out to the turn around point, the air was thick, if that makes sense.    I'm aiming to do the four races each Wednesday night while they are being held.



Excuse the crazy eyes, I was hot and sweaty and had just finished and was grabbing a drink of water!!   Note the hat was worn in the right way this time, just for something completely different.  I am improving! hahaha



Back tomorrow with a Race Recap, no doing rain dances until after the race, okay!!


1 comment:

Matilda said...

Love the hi steve, gold.

Good to see you got your hat right.

I totally forgot about this fun run, but I was working sat night, so there was no way I'd be getting only 4 hours sleep to make my way down to W'bool.