Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year

And we're off and running, literally.

I finished 2014 with a grand total of 900.29 kilometers.  So happy with that.  Of course I was aiming for 1000 but realised mid way through November that there was no way I was going to make it so readjusted my goal to try to achieve 900.  Complete.



I'm hoping to stay on track this year with Run Downunder.   You upload your runs for the year and track your journey around Australia.  You'll hear a bit more about that in future blog posts.  

Since then the New Year has happened and no rest for the wicked, the SurfTSurf is around the corner.  I was out on New Years Day at 6.30am!  Needless to say I didn't see anyone else out there, ha!

Then this morning I was planning my last 10km run before next week's race.  Up and out the door at 6.30 and it was already 30 degrees (that's Celsius).



Mike surprised me and said he was going to come along too.  Most impressed at his determination.  He gave up last year after being plagued with shin splints and decided he was a fair weathered runner so once the cold weather hit he gave up.  He's off to a flying start this year.  Most proud.



So I did want to go out this morning despite the heat and wind as I figured next week's SurfTSurf might be same conditions.  So I worked an out and back route so I'd be under the Avenue of Honour cypress trees the whole way.  




Horrendous time run in but I'm not nuts, there were walk breaks included, I took it easy.  But so happy to have done it.  Mike did a 4km loop while I did 7.3km.


On the scrapbooking front (mind you I haven't finished my Days of December yet) I've decided to do a combo Project Life/Project 365 in my own fashion.  Not a photo every day but a representation of the week and certainly not all the bits and bobs that people use to create incredible Project Life pages.  I want to keep it simple.  We'll see how it goes.

So many projects, so little time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! Well done on achieving 900+ kms!!

My time was awful on Saturday too, but it was bloody hot!!!!! More drink breaks required LOL!!!!

Matilda said...

900km is a fantastic effort. And good for you to readjust your goal. Most people would do that, but you are smart, and know what you are capable of.
Great work of getting M out with you.

I'm on run down under too, I just joined up, thought why not.