Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A wet Flaggy run tonight

Ok so you may be wondering why the first pic here is of the inside of my shoe.  Well a friend of mine, let's call him Bruce shall we, well actually his name is Bruce! Ha, I don't do subtle very well, said to me that on my next run to write down the time I was hoping to achieve and put it in my shoe.  He says that his last three runs he has come within seconds of his written down time.

Pffffft I say, but okay I'll play along.  I wrote down 33 mins and 33 seconds.  Tonight was the second race of the Flaggy Summer Series.



I mentioned it to my friends that I was meeting, not to mention the race organizer when I registered and exchanged the form for my bib.  They had a bit of a laugh but were intrigued.  Runners can be a superstitious lot.

It was nice tonight as we met up with another runner from the Runners Connect group who was holidaying in town, that's the best part of this group, it would almost be hard pressed to run a race now without someone from the group also running at the various races around the country.

So tonight the rain came down.  Not enough to be too annoying but rain it did.  Last week we sweltered, this week we got drenched.  So I had my Runkeeper on and in my Spibelt but no headphones so I was just running, I couldn't hear the stats as they were being relayed so had no idea of my pace and just ran blind.

On the double back I laughed so much, Kellie ran past yelling out "Run to the shooooooooe!!"  Back away from the crazy lady!!

Well as I was coming down the last bit toward the end there was a young lass in front of me who had slowed to a walk.  I called out to her to pick up her feet and get running, as there was no way I was going to go past her as she had been in front of me me the whole way.  I just couldn't do that, so she sprinted to the end.  Good.  As I did too I grabbed my phone out of my belt and checked.  Ready for it...

33 minutes and 26 seconds!!  

Unfreakingbelievable!!  The race organizer and his wife had remembered me and asked how close I got as I came over the finish, I think they were as excited (even a little scared at my enhusiasm) as I told them the outcome.

Here are the girls at the end of the race.  Drenched to the skin!  Cold.  But still smiling.  Pink and black were obviously the colour of the evening!



Kellie wanted to take my photo due to my excitement, so here I am in all my wet-tshirt-mussy-hair-cold-excited-glory.


Not bad huh?  Only the 14th of the month and I've already done three organized races.  What's next?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are smashing the running this year!! 3 races already!! :-) :-) :-)

love the time thing!! Sometimes all it takes is to be super mindful while you are running to achieve a faster time - i find it hard to focus on going really hard even 5kms - I prefer to run slower & let my mind drift LOL!!!!

Matilda said...

I have not done one single race yet, and you've done 3 already!
Well done on the time smash, a steller performance.

Annie192 said...

Well done Carol! You crushed that time! What's next?