Thursday, February 13, 2014

You spin me right round baby round round

So last night our Warrnie 12wbt crew had a night out at a local gym.  A couple of times now we've hired one of the trainers and one of the rooms and the trainer has put together a session just for us of our choosing, bearing in mind we have super fit girls, 12wbt beginners, and ladies who haven't tried the said exercises.  You may remember our Body Balance class (yes yes, and I made up my own moves, I was quite partial to the "I am a little tea pot move" !!  ;-)

So fitness guru Renee was roped in again and we had her take us in a Spin class.  Now I must warn you, I (and some of the other ladies) have never done Spin in our lives.  I took one look at the seat of the bike and mumbled "it doesn't look very comfortable" !!  Then when I sat on it I was sure I had the wrong sized seat as my bottom kind of spilled over the side, ha!  Renee told me that was perfect and I wouldn't be sitting down much anyway.

She wasn't kidding.

It was hard work!  I knew I was really gunning it when I felt the sweat roll down from my forehead and drip off the end of my nose!  It was tough.  And even when you think no one will know, I'll just slacken the tension off again, then all of a sudden she gets you to stand up on the bike and ride, and that's when you need the tension, so the un-co me is trying to stand, pedal, tighten the tension, and not fall off all at once.

It was fun though, lots of fun, and a huge work out.  And just quietly Cadel Evans has nothing to fear, I won't be taking up bike riding any time soon.  Actually I was cursing driving into work this morning and wishing I drove an automatic, as every time I put the clutch in I felt a certain bone in my botty that was quite sore!!  The legs on the other hand were good, does that mean my legs are getting stronger?

I liked doing the Spin class, I liked it probably more so because I looooooove working out with these girls, they are all so motivational and have become good good friends.  That's one of the best by-products of 12wbt for me.  And we all feed off each other, just when you feel so darn tired you can't do another thing you take a look across at Kellie, or Fran, or Anna, or any one of them and you just go that little bit harder.  It's kinda catching.

Here's our group at the end of the session, a bit of a dodgy iPhone pic, minus Leah who was off to the right.


Ahh there's Leah there on the right, marathon girl pedalling away.  Action shot, I quickly took a pic.


Eh, and what's a shot without the crazy eyed selfie lady getting in on the act!!  That was my bike down there in front of Erin in the green, so I was trying to get us all in the shot, and just ended up looking like a nutter instead! ha.


Mind you I had run and finished my 12 minute time trial about half an hour before this class.  Yep, last night I was delirious on exercise!   

Food however not so good, I gained 100 grams at Wednesday weigh in.  I know that it is merely a piddle, but I am snacking a little too much, I think all my running has made me quite hungry and I come home looking for a good breakfast or dinner and end up eating a little too much.  I'll get this sussed out, I'm sure.   This whole 1500 cal plan on the running plan has screwed with my thinking, as I was so set on the 1200 cal / 300 cal meals.  I'll get it sorted.

Day off tomorrow, there will be morning run planned, yay!

1 comment:

Matilda said...

that last photo is gold, love it.

I've never done a spin session before, but I can imagine how intense it can be.

Your legs hurting?