Thursday, February 27, 2014

Fun run tomorrow night

Well not tomorrow NIGHT exactly, but certainly early evening.  6.45pm to be precise.  It's the only fun run I've done that's not early morning and it's a different feeling, the weight of the day on you.  And don't you just love it, it's a 5.92 kilometre fun run!!!  Why don't they just start it 80 metres back up the road and make it a 6K!  Crazy.

But it's a locally run event, it's running from one town to the next, Noorat to Terang.  And it's a clear passage, walkers are on the walking path, runners down the road with the traffic stopped.  No pushers in the way!



I remember last year I was in the Veterans category.  What was the deal with that, a freaking Veteran!  Wheel chair waiting at the end for me please. ha.

I love this pic that Mike took last year at the start of the race.   I like supporting locally run events, it's a good feeling event, lots of camaraderie.  Hmmm except when you get to Terang people are usually sitting out on their naturestrips if it's a nice night and they will give you a hosing if you give them the thumbs up for it.


43 minutes and 07 seconds last year.
I have a PB from that race to beat!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun smashing your PB tonight Carol :)

Unknown said...

I can see a pb well and truly smashed tonight. Good luck and enjoy.