Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday Weigh In

Well first weigh in of the round and I lost .9 kg.  That's the most I've lost in a week in a long time.  The buzz in the Warrnambool & Surrounds 12wbt crew is so infectious, we've got a lot of new members with this round and lots of the old faces have come back to do a refresher round and it's like catching up with old friends online.  Love it.

Mr. G has gone nuts!  He has started lengthening out his run/walk/run block and is now doing 2km.  He has also bought himself some proper runners, some fantastic Mizuno Wave Ultima 4 runners.  He did a little freak out when we went into Athletes Foot and saw the runners on the wall, every colour of the rainbow, Mr. Conservative that he is.  These are a very subdued shade of white/blue.  And he's already feeling the difference.  No pain in the shins or ankles.

The salesman teaching us a great new way to lace, I think he called it a lock lace. Very comfortable.  Yell out if you want to see closer, you probably already know about this trick, I'm probably the only one who didn't know about it.


And these were the pair that won for the day and are his new best friends!!


So yesterday whilst he went for a run here at home, I however added to the decline in the sand at Warrnambool beach yesterday.  It was soooo windy after work, the sand had blown over the path in sections and it stung.  Already a rebel I did my Monday training run and drills on Tuesday.  I had also left my sunglasses in the car and so I didn't have protection for my eyes, but I needed to get my training in, so I perservered through half closed eyes.  I'd pass a runner going the other way and we'd just raise our eyebrows at each other and think "nutter"!!  The sand was flying everywhere and stinging my legs.  Well when I got back to the car and took one look in the mirror, oh my!  My hot and sweaty face was covered in sticky sand.  Talk about a loofah getting it all off with my towel in the car!

Last week I got Mike to take the dreaded undies shot ready for the round and as I downloaded from my camera to the computer I looked in the file where I had my past photos and found this that I had put together last year.  The change in faces over the time.  Thank God for 12wbt, is all I can say.

Click on it for a larger version.


I will update with a current photo at the end of the round.  Perhaps a finish line half marathon photo!!!

2 comments:

Annie192 said...

.9 of a kilo is a great loss Carol, but you can stop worrying, I know where it is... There is a website - I think it may be Athletes Foot - that has a multitude of ways to lace your shoes, it's quite interesting actually. Love that Mike is getting out there with you. What's the bet by Christmas you'll have in shoes with a rainbow of colours on them!

ksharonk said...

You look like a completely different person now, Carol ... look at that sparkle in your eyes! :)