Woah, I did it hard this afternoon, I was a puddle by the end, but I did it. Monday Hill Intervals. Looks like Mr. Squiggle has taken to my Runkeeper map in a tanty, doesn't it, ha!
Hey, and this is the cool new running top that I bought from Skirts Sports. One might say a bit snazzy huh?
On the husband front, Mike has hit a little snag in the road literally with his running. After going out successfully with the new Mizunos the first time and announcing them the best thing since sliced bread, he has been plagued by sore ankles. He limped home yesterday afternoon after attempting the big block, poor thing.
Not to be outdone, he decided about 20 mins later to go out again and try running differently to see if that helped. Smaller steps, landing differently on his feet. I waited on the front porch again for him to do the block and again he limped home.
I delved into Michelle's videos to the one about lacing runners and we've laced his runners a bit differently, and so glutton for punishment he did the block again, coming down the straight he overtook a lady with a pram (got to love those small fist pump moments) and announced much better. But as the evening went on his left knee this time got progressively worse. He's limping round like an old man today.
I'm trying hard to not sound like I know everything, because I don't so I'm trying to take a back seat and only give him some suggestions as to what has worked for me, stressing that it has taken me a long time to get to the point I've gotten to. But he's frustrated. Mind you he doesn't warm up or cool down which isn't helping (I've suggested he start at least with a walk, but eh, walking's for sissies, grrrr the macho man), he knows he's landing hard on his feet, the bitumen here is not the greatest to run on (and I've suggested he go to the oval and run on the grass to see if that will help). So I'm trying to stay quiet, but it's really hard. I need to find another running man in town that can mentor or guide him, because you know the drill, if someone else says it, it must be true.
Okay that's it, hope your Monday was a good one and the hills treated you kindly.


3 comments:
Fantastic effort doing the hills. Sorry about your husband's difficulties. I have to be patient with my body when doing workouts and I find it very frustrating. I can relate to his frustrations. You are doing so well especially in the heat down there. Cheers
there are loads of different ways to lace shoe laces. Runners world have a page about it I'm sure.
I'm also sure I pinned in into my pinterest account.
Nice work with the hill repeats.
You always look so happy after a run. Get onto YouTube and look for 'proper foot strike' you'll find heaps of videos on how to run with a more effective foot strike that reduces injury as well. Madam Lash (ironwoman) says the trick is to land mid foot. Easier said than done. I hope he works it out.
Post a Comment