And almost Go time! Although I've been really watching myself all through pre-season so I'm ready for tomorrow, bring it on.
Today I went into Warrnambool and met some of the girls who form the 12wbt Warrnambool & Surrounds group. We had planned to meet and greet and do the fitness test together and then have breakfast at a local cafe. Well a few of us got there and down came the rain! We sat in our respective cars with windows open so we could talk from car to car. Once it stopped and a couple more ladies turned up we set off.
First off was the 1km time trial. They had already tracked out 1km so we walked up to the start as a warm up. Then stop watches at the ready and off we went. My lungs were burning and try as I might to walk a lamp post, jog a lamp post, walk a lamp post, I did end up getting there and even ran over the finish line to some cheers, which was so nice being that I took up the rear!! Figured this quote I found was very apt for how I went today :-)
Time trial = 1km in 8 minutes 24 seconds. Much room for improvement there. It will be interesting what happens in the next four weeks before we do that test again.
Then we decided the ground was way too wet to even attempt the other tests and we would do them respectively at home which I've just done now.
Push ups on knees in a minute = 9. OMG! How pitiful.
Abdominal strength = I could only get up to level 2 (sit ups with hands crossed at chest)
Wall sit = 11 seconds. Yes! Only 11 seconds before I nearly fell down. I laughed when I saw where you entered that on the site, there was a box for minutes and seconds and I despaired of ever entering in the minute box.
Sit and reach = Well we won't even go there, I didn't get anywhere near my toes, I only just made it to the ruler.
It was really good to meet up with this local group for added support. I've decided not to be backwards in coming forwards and gain support from wherever I can get it and in turn hope that I support others in their journey too.
As for meals, I've made the Vietnamese Beef Soup today to freeze ready for next week and actually doubled the quantity. Figured while I was making it, I may as well make more. The house smells delicious! And the little taste test spoon I sampled, YUM! Mike is actually looking quite forward to the change in pace in our meals.
Although we did go out last night, we were invited to an acquaintance's home for dinner, they are an older couple that Mike knows and I thought, okay, I'll just have to suck it up, I have absolutely no choice over what we're eating. Mike said that my face just dropped when dinner was served as it was chicken kiev. So I've been extra good today in my lead up to tomorrow.
Bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment