Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday Weigh In

Wednesday has rocked around again, and I bounded out of bed at 6am and onto the scales.  A loss of 2.1kg for the week.  Go me!!!!!  I was so excited I did a happy dance in the nuddie!   And then I realised how jolly cold it was and quickly got into my work out gear.

So that is a loss of 3.2kg officially since 12wbt season began.
But a whopping 7.5kg since I signed up and began the 4 weeks pre-season.  

Plus even better, I've noticed my size 18 jeans are decidedly loose, in fact I look like a regular home boy with my pants dagging down when I wear them.  I've dragged out a pair of size 16 jeans from my drawer, that I had long since put away because they were way too tight and tried them on.   Now bear in mind they are old and the denim is quite relaxed, but I'm back into them.  I've resisted trying on clothes that I stopped fitting into to date, I had decided to do that in week 4 when we measure up again, but the jeans were a necessity.

New Friends

Now I need to introduce you to some new 'friends'.   Recently I went to Athletes Foot and got professionally fitted for new runners.  A terrific experience.  Up until then I had been having a bit of pain under my ankles after a workout session, not from running, but from ill-fitting el cheapo sneakers.   

So meet these new babies, aren't they pretty.   Actually I shouldn't say that, Michelle said she would snot us one (maybe not in so many words) if we picked on colour alone.  But how lucky for me that I like purple  :-)  I was assured that these would suit the type of training I am doing, gym and walking and running, and were suited to the dropped arch I apparently have in my left foot.   I did find the whole video/isobar thingy of me walking and standing quite amazing, seeing where the most pressure was being used along the sole of my feet.  It was a process of elimination, they recommended three specific runners for me and it was a matter of choosing.



They're New Balance something or other, and they are TERRIFIC, best investment I have made.

We have a work lunch to go to tomorrow so I've just been online to check out their menu to see what looks safe.  Quite frankly not much of it does.  What to do?   I am probably just going to cut my losses and go with the soup of the day, whatever it is.  Surely soup can't do too much damage?

Hope any 12wbt'ers that are reading this have had great results on the scales as well, and they got to do a nuddie happy dance too! 

1 comment:

<----- MZ VICKI said...

OMG Well done on your loss. You are totally slamming it!!
I totally need some new joggers too.
Good luck at your lunch.