Well Wednesday Weigh In has rocked around again and there was a wee bit of apprehension for me hopping on the scales, particularly after Miss T's 21st birthday party. Even though I was good, I'm still not upping the exercise yet to the level it should be. I need to work on that.
But I whooped in delight when I saw a .5 reduction on the scales. That's a 4.3 kg loss in pre-season. I couldn't be more pleased. My work trousers have gotten loser and one of the lasses at work even mentioned it today, although she's the one I went to the PT session with, so she knows all about this adventure I'm on.
One thing I am getting better at is the water intake. So much so that these cold days have me running to the loo every five minutes! Well perhaps not every five minutes, but it feels like it. I saw this quote, ha! Perfect. I've certainly been hydrating myself!
Today we had a course away from the office where lunch was provided and again that filled me with dread. But maybe we're becoming a healthier workplace, because the lunch that was delivered was a big platter of meat and salad wraps, absolutely delicious and a huge platter of fruit. SCORE!
As for the second title of this post ... Unexpected Motivation. Hmmmm.
Okay so we'll back up, Mish wants us to set goals and work towards those goals. One of my goals is to learn to run, and quite frankly the 20 paces I can run before I get puffed out, I run like Phoebe from Friends. Not good. So I would like to learn to run AND enjoy it.
So I'm sitting there browsing through some sites on my iPad earlier and announced to hubby that I might work towards doing a fun run and I found one in January in Warrnambool that was either 6 k's or 10 k's. And I thought well let's see, there's seven full months of preparation. That's do-able right? So I look at hubby and there's a smirk on his face, which when he saw my dark glower at him he quickly extinguished said smirk.
Now he's very supportive in my weight loss endeavours, but I figure he's heard it all before. And I know I've said it before, but I truly believe that this time it's different. I think this time, this program is tackling the head space, not just the body. But when I saw that smirk I thought RIGHT YOU, GAME ON!!! I'll show him. Nothing like wanting to prove a point to give a person the motivation they need.

No comments:
Post a Comment