And yahooooooooooooo, a loss of 1.7 this week. Even after all the trials and tribulations of the girls night out. I ramped up the exercise and ate extra well from Sunday onwards.
So that is a loss of 4.9 kg officially since 12wbt season
began.
But a whopping 9.2 kg since I signed up and began the 4
weeks pre-season.
Holy heck! One of the girls I work with told me today she could notice in my face that I was losing weight. Err that may have been her polite way of saying I still had a big stomach! But I accepted the compliment, something I'm not really good at, but am working on.
So, not one but two achievements to report on
The first big achievement I have accomplished since starting 12wbt, is that I have finally ... read FINALLY ... been brave enough to tell my hubby how much I weigh. Now I don't know if you realise just how huge this is. He's quite up front and open about his weight, but when you weigh 75kg what's not to be up front about. Hey, I'd be shouting to the world if I were that.
But it was hard. I have never told him before. But something I knew I wanted to do now. And you know what, the sky didn't fall in, lightening didn't strike, the earth didn't open up. And he didn't laugh. Oh heck, I would have snotted him one if he had. But he didn't, of course he didn't. He just hugged me. And I shed a little tear. And I felt like the weight had been lifted off my shoulders.
And my second big achievement is my rings. My wedding, engagement and eternity rings have been progressively getting tighter and tighter. It would break my heart to have to admit defeat and get them resized up. I don't wear them 24/7 and take them off at night. Of a morning I couldn't get them on without rubbing hand cream on my hands first. And of an evening, forget it! I would have to hold my hand in the air for a few minutes so the blood would run from my fingers and so I could get them off. It looked like I was making some grand alien gesture. And again I don't think Mike quite knew what I was doing, I think I told him I was reaching for a cobweb one night when he wondered what I was doing walking along with my hand up in the air.
And now ... they go on and come off without a struggle. Another thing I was hoping to achieve and it has come to pass. And I'm so happy.
Before I go
I just want to shout out to my beautiful bestie Sonia. She's not doing 12wbt, she's on her own weight loss journey, and we don't even live in the same state any more, but she's been behind me every step of the way. Thank you Sonia! Love you heaps.
I can't explain it, I've been up and down like a yo yo my whole life, but it just feels different this time. And I aim to succeed.

No comments:
Post a Comment