I had the first PT session tonight. I'm joining a group of ladies who each Thursday after work hire a personal trainer and just divvy up the cost between them. It was fabulous.
I know I have to really get moving with the 12wbt, but to be honest I'm not really an exerciser, well not in recent years, OBVIOUSLY! I've never been into sports either, only what I had to endure at school. In my teens and young adult years I was in a brass band and I would kid myself that that was great exercise. Marching and playing would take a lot out of you, yanno! Not to mention some of the big overtures and major works, you would be physically spent after playing for 15 to 20 minutes non stop. But I was fooling myself, I know.
Years ago when I lived back in Geelong I used to go to Fernwood regularly, and loved it, I'd also walk to work every day. But that was in the lead up to our wedding and after that I moved to the country and have lead quite a sedentary lifestyle, my main exertion was a walk around the lake or to walk the dogs.
But it's changing now and I know it's all part and parcel of 12wbt. And tonight I burnt (is that the right word?) 352 calories. And yes I know I'm meant to get to 500 calories but I'll get there, I know I will. The trainer was wonderful, but now my legs ache, my arms ache, my sides ache, but it's a good ache! :-)
So that was the great night, now are you wondering what my big achievement was?
I got home and had to bake for a cake stall tomorrow. I baked 70 chocolate chip cookies tonight to bag up to sell. 70 of the most delicious mind-blowing chocolate chip cookies you would ever taste, with one of the ingredients being condensed milk (OMG just the thought of it has me drooling).
And you know what?
I didn't sneak a chocolate chip,
I didn't lick the beaters,
I didn't scoop any mixture out of the bowl to savour,
I washed my hands straight under water after rolling them into balls,
I haven't even tasted the finished product,
I bagged them all up, tied them with ribbon,
70 of them,
That is seven-oh
Oh my!
I feel so darn proud of myself I could burst. Maybe a silly thing to beat my chest about, but it's an achievement for me for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment