Monday, May 21, 2012

Getting the head right

I came across an image/quote today on Pinterest, oh how I love that site!!!!   This really resonated with me as I realised I had hopped on the scales 10 times in the past 10 days.   If truth be known, it was probably a few times more than 10 times in the past 10 days but we won't go there right now.



And I realised when I saw this great quote what a mind game this whole weight loss is.   And how powerful our mind can be if only we used it for good and not evil !!

So the first step is to acknowledge this right?  Because to acknowledge it means I can fight it.  Fight the demons that may think I need to be treated with food, need to give myself a break because I've had a hard day, to hide in the corner when I think people are looking at me sideways.   I need to be accountable to what goes on in my head and be strong enough to push the negative feelings away.

First things first, I need to stop weighing myself every single day.  I don't want to become a slave to the number.  I don't want the number first thing in the morning to dictate what type of day I am going to have, or what mood I will be in.  I want to get up and feel strong and be counted.

So right here, right now I commit to only Wednesday Weigh-Ins.   You heard it here first.

:-)

1 comment:

<----- MZ VICKI said...

I hear ya. I had to get out of the daily weigh habit too. There's nothing like a 150g gain to put you in a shitty mood for the rest of the day. Yep stick to Wed AM. Do a wee then jump on in the nuddy.