Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I hurt !

And not in the normal sense of exercise either.  We're moving offices at work tomorrow so a lot of preparation today packing boxes, 450 personnel files into boxes that we had to make up from flat packs and I did half of it all on my own.  ON MY OWN!   And it was probably the best work out I have had for a long time.   All that bending and stretching and down on the floor to make a box, then standing up to load it, then back on the floor again.  I was sweating like there was no tomorrow.

And now I swear every part of me hurts!

And tomorrow after the move, we get to do it all again in reverse.  All for the cause right?

Whilst I'm on the subject of exercise, I'm not great at it.  I have been quite the couch potato which has gotten me in the state I am in.   I've never played sport except way back in the dark ages when I was at school.  My only real form of exercise in recent times has been walking the dogs.  

Since the 12wbt pre-season started, I have been moving though and I know I'll get back to enjoying it.  I am even going to the gym on Thursday to be part of a personal trainer session with a lass from work and her friends, they hire a trainer for an hour and however many of them turn up, they divide the cost between them.   I aim for this to be a regular thing.

So back to exercise, I should introduce to you my little training buddy.  His name is Lucky.   He's obviously been playing  hard today because this is how he ends up!   There is no shame is there?  What can I say.


This little guy loves getting out and about, and on the weekend when I "attempted" jogging and did laps of the backyard, he followed me every step of the way.  He probably thought I was nuts, as did the neighbours, but I was out there moving and that was what was important.

No comments: