I got better, I got these sweet babies...
Yes Mike gave me a coveted pair of 2XU long running tights, hugely expensive for a slip of nylon, lycra, whatever the heck they're made of. And OMG, I swear on Sunday when I went for my run, I ran like the clappers.
I've only ever worn knee length One-Active Mish leggings before and they have been serviceable and fantastic throughout my changing weight. But I tell you, there's nothing quite like putting these babies on and taking them out for a spin. Warm and yet cool at the same time. How can that be? I could feel the breeze on my legs, and yet I wasn't cold, actually it was a magical Sunday morning when I went out for a spin in them. I feel almost ... dare I say .... aerodynamic in them! ha.
I actually knew I was getting them because I had to work out my size (and sneakily popped into a sports store to try them on before ordering them from Wiggle. Is that bad?? Yes yes I know it is but $40 saving wasn't to be sneezed at). And actually we thought we'd ordered the black X on black, but the silver ones came out of the box. No matter.
The fact that when Mike took one look at me when I came home (being that he was still in bed when I went out) he whistled and said "wow, you look like a professional runner in those". That comment alone made me walk 6 foot tall.
Love love love. I know also that there's nowhere to hide in them, but boy they suck you in, but not uncomfortably so.
I swapped my toning and hill sprints days around again and so it was hill sprints after work tonight. Love that the map on my runkeeper looked like Mr. Squiggle had attacked it.
And just for Leitchy who I know looooooves it when we do selfies, I did a contortionist selfie while I was running with the timer cam on my phone. Follow that? ha. Goodness my hair is looking very red in the sunshine!
Tomorrow is the 12 min time trial. I missed last Wednesday as I had a cut across the bottom of my toe and it was very painful running, it would open each time I struck the ground. So hopefully my strength training during the week has put me in good stead to smash it tomorrow. My weight might be going up and down like a burp on the richter scale, but at least I have my running.
2 comments:
Sexy running tights!! Of course they'll make u run faster!! And I'm sure everyone's done the 'find my size then order on wiggle' thing, heck I saved over $100 on my cycle shoes doing that!! Happy running.
Awesome present and even better selfie.
Happy birthday lovely lady.
Post a Comment