Saturday, September 7, 2013

Catching up

Life is getting in the way at the moment, I am making far too many withdrawals from the sleep bank and not enough deposits, hopefully I will get back onto an even keel soon.  One thing I haven't slacked off on though is my running.  Thanks to hubby who has been cooking his own dinner each night so I can do my drills and time trials and strength training after work.  I just can't get my act into gear to do my workouts in the morning, no matter how hard I try.

I have had quite the trial in the last few days doing a lot of baking ... and I mean A LOT OF BAKING ... for the CWA cake stall today at the election hall.  I will admit here I did fail miserably with the choc chip cookies, until I slapped myself around and threw the remainder of the condensed milk can out.  So apart from a slight indiscretion I made sure I did an extra run to make up for it on Friday.

Here are some pics of my week...


Hill Sprints on Monday.  Looks like I'm running clear up to heaven there!
And no sign of the man who thought I was chasing him last time, tee hee.



Trying these babies out.
The verdict is in ... yellow laces make me run faster!!!
Last weekend I did a nice easy 4km to get used to the runners
and every split was consistently 6.something min/km.  
That has never happened to me, there are usually a few
7+ min splits thrown in.  Go me!!



Friday after work I ran from the Breakwater to the Flume,
the sea was rough and the weather ominous
so took a pic at the point of turning around.
Rained on the way back but it was light rain at that point in time
and it was so refreshingly cool.



My hair usually turns into a birdsnest by the end of the run!
Back at the Breakwater.



Will be heading down to see family tomorrow.  I love that each time I do that I get the whole gasps of astonishment as to how much I change.  I forget they don't see me all the time.  It's good validation that I'm still on the right path.

Before I go I have said that I will keep updating my 12 min time trial here.  Honestly I feel like I just can't go any faster to go any further in the 12 mins.  I can feel I'm stronger but I was tearing up that footpath until I had nothing left in the tank.  It will be interesting in the weeks to come if I will look back on these results and just smile knowingly that I knew I had it in me all along.

  • STARTING DISTANCE:  1770 metres
  • WEEK 1:  1790 metres
  • WEEK 2:  1870 metres
  • WEEK 3:  1930 metres 
  • WEEK 4:   1930 metres (go figure, exactly the same)

And before I go, exciting times in the G House tonight.  Here's my husband watching the election results on telly!!


HA!

4 comments:

Sheridan said...

Great work carol! Choc chip cookies are a danger, and sounds like u have the same recipe as me with condensed milk (yum!). Nice to hear your hubby is supporting you in your endeavours! Nice laces!!!

energyandemily said...

I hope life settles down again soon but I'm glad that it's treating you well... you're looking as radiant as ever :) Have a lovely time seeing your family!! Bask in the compliments ~ you deserve them all!

<----- MZ VICKI said...

HOWDY!!. I've linked your blog in this funky thing called the Liebster Blog Awards.

(if you don't want to do it that is cool)

It's just a wee bit of fun. Check out my blog to see what it's all about.

xoxoxoxo
http://rayondreams.blogspot.com.au/

Janie D said...

you are awesome Carol, you do know that don't you? xx