Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fifty before 50

Well I've made a start on my 'Fifty before 50' album.  This is the title page introducing the concept.  I'm actually starting to get nervous thinking, 50 things, that's almost one special fantastic thing a week.  Do I have it in me???  Anyway this is a start...


And I have mentioned previously I do digital scrapbooking.  If you click on the page I think you can see the detail a lot closer.

All goodies I've used to make this page (which is done via Photoshop for the uninitiated) are from Designer Digitals.

If you want to read the journalling and can't quite see it, this is what it says:

So today I’m 49. Woah, how did that happen? I don’t feel any different, perhaps a few creaks and groans in the joints, the wrinkles (or laugh lines I like to call them) appearing, and I’m in total denial about the grey hair. And yet here I am, the last year before turning 50. Whew! 
So I am aiming to turn this year into one I will never forget. The idea of doing fifty fabulous, frivilous, fantastic, favourite and fun things before 50 appeals to me. I want to celebrate the big and the small. I want to take time to do the things that make me smile quietly or laugh a big belly laugh. I want to experience new things. I want to embrace it all, each and every day, so that I can hit age 50 on the fly.
Here I come, ready or not !

Not sure if I've mentioned in the blog yet, but I am going overseas in November, just for three weeks, but majorly excited.  Is it wrong that I know exactly what running gear I will be taking, and yet I have no idea what else I'm going to pack????  Can woman live on running gear alone? ha!  

This trip to the USA has been a while in the making, the count down seems to have gone on forever, and now it is only five a bit I think weeks away.

It has been brought to my attention that there is an amazing store in the US called Roadrunner Sports.  And how lucky for me that there is free postage to US addresses, and my last stop in the US is staying with a friend to whom I can get a mail order delivered to and take home with me.  My shopping list is growing, I'm now starting to worry about excess baggage!  Woops.   But come on!  Check out the prices of the runners.  My latest pair of New Balance are $115 cheaper here, and even giving the exchange rate, it's a huge saving!  I'm thinking I will be picking up another pair for when these ones wear out.

Okay to bed with me!  No weigh in for me tomorrow, I'm on a sabbatical.  I feel positive about it too.

1 comment:

energyandemily said...

I'm still so excited to read about your 50 things! Beautiful scrapbook page as well, just lovely.

Also, I had no idea you were going overseas! I hope you have an amazing time and pick up lots of nice exercise clothes! I'm imagining some great shots of you running through famous places! And I'm sorry to say but I think you have to take AT LEAST a few other outfits to wear over there :P