I did a nice cruisey 8km run this morning, it was just lovely out there, cool, crisp, but you could see there was potential for the day. I was busting mid-run and had to divert to the public conveniences in the park. I learnt one really important thing, so take this on board people:
When you have sweaty legs, compression tights are a wee bit hard to pull back up, once they're down!!!
I thought I was going to be like that episode on Friends where Ross was stuck in the loo with the leather pants!! But you will be pleased after a bit of smoothing, tugging and contortioning in the cubicle I got them up!
You just got to love the shapes that you take on in shadows huh? Looooove the look of my legs here!
Now whilst the running is going great, I'm finding I'm snacking way too much. And then panicking when I see the scales start to rise. What a mind game the whole thing is. I read a wonderful blog by MyriddianShrinks - Big Personality without the Big Bum and I just know she is into something. She is backing away from the scales for a certain period and not weighing herself. I think this is brilliant. If the numbers stop playing games inside my head, I can concentrate on the other things - exercise and food - and then the numbers will fall into place. Right?
So I have decided not to weigh until 16 October. Now this could be completely disastrous. Or it could be completely incredible. We'll wait and see. Maybe my body is happy being where it is at the moment and I'm doing this volcanic richter scale rumbling up/down/up/down/up/down all within 1-2 kg. Maybe it needs to be here for a while before taking off again. I just see the 70's as a bit of a unreachable carrot at the moment, so I'll try anything.
So thank you Myriddian Shrinks. I'm giving it a go.
3 comments:
I quote...'a nice cruisey 8 k run'
champion! love your work sexy legs :DD
Tash
anewshadow.blogspot.com.au
Woohoo, look at those sexy legs :)
Thanks for the mention, It's been an interesting experience but it has definitely taken a lot of stress out of my life.
Good luck xoxo
Post a Comment