Got to love my Fridays off work, best thing I've ever done! And perfect for today. My brother's birthday is during next week and I bought a gift that was way too big to mail. Doh! It was one of those lovely furry rugs in a leopard print. Love Catch of the Day! ha. But when it came it was in one of those suck-you-in-vaccuum-type-bags. Which I undid to wrap up the rug and poof, it was kinda huge! Wrap it I did and it ended up being 2.5kg without even being placed in a box (and in any case the biggest box I could buy from Australia Post was still too small) ... I really don't think these things out do I?
So what's a girl to do but take a trip down to Geelong to deliver said present in person! Plus a spot of shopping while there.
First stop the yarn store. Love Twisted Stitches. Ended up with some beautiful Silk Noro which I will make into a scarf for the CWA competition next year. Starting with the crafts early.
So what's a girl to do but take a trip down to Geelong to deliver said present in person! Plus a spot of shopping while there.
First stop the yarn store. Love Twisted Stitches. Ended up with some beautiful Silk Noro which I will make into a scarf for the CWA competition next year. Starting with the crafts early.
A visit to Kathmandu to buy yet another beanie, Mike liked the beanie I bought for myself yesterday for running so much he wanted one too. Lucky for him there was only one black one left, otherwise he may have been sporting a lilac one! ha.
Then lunch at the Pickled Duck ... or was it the Pickled Rabbit ... it was the Pickled something. Corner Malop and Yarra. Lovely little cafe I had never been to before and the most delicious cauliflower and bacon soup. Yum.
After a bit more shopping, headed over to mum's for a surprise visit and to leave the pressie for my brother, so he could collect it after work. And on the way home, what's a visit to Geelong without a quick stop in at Rebel. Sale on too! Bonus. Stocked up on some GU as they had 8 for $15, yay! I've been told the peanut butter and chocolate one is nice, so I added that to the stash of GU. Jury is still out till I try it.
And look at this little number, wooo hoooo, no I'm not off to a disco, this is my new reflective running shirt. By day a mild mannered black number with greyish white dots on the sleeve. By night with a bit of flash added in, whooooosh! I become a super hero, haha. I was so in love with it I started running round the back yard with a torch. Mike was mega impressed, he didn't even gulp at the price when he could see how well it worked. Too bad at the moment it's that darn cold that my bare arms will not see the early mornings without a jacket on too, but all in good time.
So I would call this a very successful day's shopping. And now I can hear torrential rain outside tonight so lets hope it rains itself out so I can go out for a shuffle in the morning. Half Marathon training is back in full swing.




1 comment:
I almost bought the capri's on Saturday!!!!!!!!! super cool :-) :-) :-)
Post a Comment