Saturday, July 4, 2015

No LSR for me

Firstly this happened ...


Yay I did it, 29 June this was my total.   I set out to run 100km over June, the hardest month of the year I find to run, and I did it - through rain and wind and cold mornings and cold evenings and darkness and rainbows and a little bit of winter sunshine thrown in.  


Then this happened ...



And let me tell you, when he gets sick, he REALLY gets sick.  Yes we joke about man flu but he's on antibiotics, he has no energy, he has been barking up a storm.   

And a lot of this has been happening ...



Aided of course by Nurse Lucky making sure he stays put.  He's coming out the other side now, still a bit weak but the barking has stopped.  Just in time as we are going to an American Theme Night at a local restaurant for 4 July tonight.  

However I feel like I'm on the beginnings of it.  Just a tickle in the back on my throat that I can't shake.  I'm on the Olive Leaf Extract courtesy of advice from my bestie, urrrgh it tastes horrid.   But I woke this morning thinking hmmmm I was planning my LSR (long slow run for non-runners reading this) today and I thought I would be tempting fate.    Will see how I fare tomorrow, although I want to be up super early cheering my friends on who are up at the Gold Coast this weekend for the marathon festivities.  Love that we can live track them and see how they are going too.

And with 4th July upon us, there were lots of American style goodies in the Designer Digitals store this weekend so I put them to good use.

Goodies I used from Designer Digitals

2 comments:

Annie192 said...

Congrats on overshooting your goal! I hope that Mike is feeling much better, and that your tickle didn't turn into anything worse. I love your digital American inspired page.

Anonymous said...

Well done on 100+ kms!!!!!!! Hope you don't get the man flu!!!!!!!!!!!!