Saturday, October 4, 2014

Such s beautiful day

What an amazing day it was today.  I needed to do 7km on my plan, as there's no way I was going to have a chance to do it on Sunday, so set off in the beautiful sunshine.  Actually I wanted to test out my new sunglasses.  I have just been using my ordinary every day glasses without really thinking about it and there's always a blind spot where you just can see if the sun hits them a certain way.  One of my running friends mentioned getting "polarized" sunnies.  Okay so that may have been obvious to some people, but I had no idea.

So my fave shopping site Catch of the Day had a sunglass sale recently, all different brands, but some were marked polarized.  So picked these ones out, all of $14.99!!  They are Columbia brand.  Who knows.  El-cheapo but honestly today was just so different.  Bright glary sun but no blind spot.  Thumbs up for the glasses!


My run was very slow today.  Still a twinge on my right hip so took it easy.  Plus ended up stopping three times as people wanted to have a chat.  It was good actually, there's a house in town where two Golden Retrievers decide they want to escape their yard (an easy escape because the gate is always open) and come running with me.  Makes me feel responsible when I tell them to go home and they don't, particular if I get to the highway, once I ended up doubling back just to take the darn dogs home again.  So anyway yep on cue they run out but the lady was out mowing the lawns on her ride on.  She stopped to round the dogs up and I told her they usually follow me and once all the way to Hamilton Highway and I was worried that they would have been hit by trucks.  She was aghast at the thought.  Errr lady, CLOSE YOUR GATES.  I didn't say it but I'm sure subliminally she heard it.

I also got stopped by one of the fellows from my work who beeped me and then did a u-ey and pulled up at the park as I was approaching.  He told me I was looking great coming down the highway (I stood a bit taller at that comment and almost did a chest thump!) then he asked how far I'd run.  Told him I was at 5k and still had another 2 to run.  The look on his face when he said "NO SH!T !!" and he was exhausted just thinking about it.  Let me tell you in my head I was jumping around doing cartwheels and high fiving myself at that stage. ha!  So nice when people realise yes whatever distance, you're out there and it's an effort, at times a REAL effort.  But way cool to have been told that.

On my way back in to town.  How beautiful is that sky.




Last night we went to the opening of the Warrnie Art Show.  We go every year.  Mike loves it and I love catching up with one of his old friends who paints and exhibits.  A lovely elderly gent who I adore and give a lot of cheek to and he laps it up  ;-)

What can I say, Mike has resigned himself that I've embraced the selfie generation!  





Tomorrow I am heading down to Geelong for mum's birthday.  So an early two hour drive, and our clocks going forward tonight for day light saving.  I think that means it's time for bed right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my polarised sunnies!!!!!

Yep, know exactly how you feel re your co-worker showing his appreciation!!!!!

Love the selfies!!!!