Sunday, October 19, 2014

MSKA

So the other thing that occurred this weekend was the culmination of the MKSA (Multi-Stage Kilometre-athon) run by Kaz of Mind Body Motion.   So proud to say I have not shirked on any of the planned training runs throughout the past 12 weeks.  Hit every one of them.

We could pick 20, 30, 40 or 50km to be run over this current weekend, 18 and 19 October.  I chose 20!! Oh and each run, however you added it up, needed to be a minimum 5km.  I chose 20 mainly because although it would be a challenge, I already knew I had 10 in the bag from Dunkeld.  But to do two 10km back to back runs, would be a challenge for me.  I usually give myself a bit of time out after any particularly hard run, just to look after my old knees.

So my two runs went like this.  Saturday at Dunkeld a total of 10.29km.  And then Sunday today around town here a total of 10.36km.   And then this arvo I tell you these legs did not move more than 10 feet from the house!

SATURDAY's EFFORTS



SUNDAY'S EFFORTS



Yes yes, today was a lot slower for this old plodder, but I still did it.  20km - tick.

3 comments:

ksharonk said...

Congratulations, Carol ... what a fabulous effort! Did you hear me cheering from our TV lounge? The man is still on 'light rations' after last weeks effort, and isn't allowed to run very far, so it was ONLY 15 km on Sunday. Sickening, huh? :)

Matilda said...

Champion effort.
If you think about it you did a half marathon this weekend in a time of 2h40.
So yay you.

Anonymous said...

Love your work!!! Love the cow pics. Love Moo Moo's!!!!!