So the second 9km back to back run on the plan this week, and even though it was breezy, it wasn't as windy as yesterday. Waves were breaking like a cracker over the breakwater still, but I set off with a view of running after work from the Breakwater to as far as 4.5km would take me then return.
It was chilly but I had my vest on over my shirt. And boy my hip hurt. My right hip has been paining, almost like the feeling of a winded stitch, but in my right hip. So tonight was a very slow, very cruisey run with quite a few walk breaks thrown in. I just wanted to get it done so I could tick it off.
So whilst the run might not have been pretty, it was slow and painful, it was done outdoors, and sooooo much better than the treadmill hell I went through last night.
Anyway went from the Breakwater all the way to Ritchie's point and back Whew, it was a slog with my hip to get to Ritchie's point.
It was chilly but I had my vest on over my shirt. And boy my hip hurt. My right hip has been paining, almost like the feeling of a winded stitch, but in my right hip. So tonight was a very slow, very cruisey run with quite a few walk breaks thrown in. I just wanted to get it done so I could tick it off.
So whilst the run might not have been pretty, it was slow and painful, it was done outdoors, and sooooo much better than the treadmill hell I went through last night.
Anyway went from the Breakwater all the way to Ritchie's point and back Whew, it was a slog with my hip to get to Ritchie's point.
Here I was and I had to get back to where I started from. Walk on water anyone? Would be nice!
Hopefully there'll be a better night tonight with old Molly. She's been waking up in the middle of the night and just pacing up and down the passageway, ad nauseum (creaky floor boards and all). Then panting. Sometimes she wants to go out, and I hesitate. She's 15 and it's freezing out there of a night. Sometimes I put her coat on and just let her. But where I hesitate is that she will not use a kennel, she has a lovely hammock bed on the front porch with a big comfy pillow on it and won't use that. And often I will find her just laying in the middle of the grass, even in the rain. It breaks my heart.
Worse still is that Mike 9 times out of 10 will sleep through it. It's me that gets up at 1, 2.30 and then 4 or so to tend to her, calm her down, comfort her, then my alarm goes off 6am and I'm wrecked.
Promise me if I one day get dementia and I decide to go lay on the grass in the rain, you'll put a stop to those shenanigans!




2 comments:
I'll lay a nice warm quilt over you, if you want to stay out there ... ;)
Looks Beautiful, you go Carol! You're so lucky to have this at your door step :)
Post a Comment