Yay, it was my birthday weekend. A golden birthday. 50! Yep that's right, I turned 50 on Sunday. Except why just have a birthday DAY when you can have a whole weekend right?
Saturday Mike had planned to have a family get together. I had gone past the thought of having a party, but was happy to just have a lovely meal with family. So he did all the arranging, I just picked the restaurant.
But first things first, I was up early and out the door for a quick 5km run. I needed to get my last run in for the week on my training plan and I knew there was no way I'd fit it in on Sunday. What a great way to start the day. And yep, the cow whisperer still has it. These cows ran with me the whole way down the paddock until they could run no more.
Pottered a bit during the morning and then we got our glad rags on and headed into Warrnambool. Mike's family was coming down from Geelong and although I dared hope, my mum and my brother came also. My brother and I have a slightly strained relationship, it has been for the last 4 years. This was only the second time I would see him in all that time. This is the only nice pic I got of Mike and I for the whole day, I was busy taking pics of everyone else and forgot about the two of us!
Mum and my brother Trevor
My father-in-law and his partner Connie.
My sister-in-law, Ann-Marie.
My beautiful step-daughter Tabby and partner Aaron
And the littlest little party-goer.
Ann-Marie trying to squish my stepson Tristan, whilst the others were deep in conversation.
Brother-in-law, Callum.
Niece and nephew, J and S.
My mum was delighted to get some baby cuddle time in.
Treated to a rare flex by my stepson Tristan.
And yep, the muscles are real, he's worked hard for those guns!
Cheers!
Treated to a delicious black forrest cake, oh my, it was gooooooood!!!!
Showing my age, there were only five candles on it and it took me three blows to get them out!
Yep, only had one good pic of Mike and I during the day.
This is the only other one.
Nanna got important baby cuddles for her birthday!
And my friend Lyn came along also, I worked with Lyn for many years,
she may as well be part of my family. :-)
A beautiful meal, my favourite restaurant (Reunion) and all my family there just for me, mind you the majority travelled 2+ hours to get there. I felt well and truly spoilt.
Part 2 tomorrow, where you'll see how I spent Sunday.


















2 comments:
Happy Birthday Carol!!!!! Looks like you had a lovely weekend!!!!! xoxo
Happy Birthday Carol, I can tell you had a fab time. You can't wipe that grin off your face.
Post a Comment