I've just had a few days back home staying with mum, nice to go down there, do some shopping (where there are way more shops than here!!) and generally hang about and enjoy. On Tuesday we headed down to Queenscliff for the day, haven't been down there for years and was surprised at the buildings around where the ferry comes in.
It was an overcast day, spots of rain on and off, but it didn't dampen our enthusiasm for enjoying ourselves.
It was an overcast day, spots of rain on and off, but it didn't dampen our enthusiasm for enjoying ourselves.
We wandered around, up and down the main street and checked out the unique shops. I like shops where the clothes are a bit out of the ordinary from the run of the mill department store type clothes. Lovely beads, cute tops, that type of thing.
I ended up scoring a gorgeous (let me repeat GORGEOUS) jacket, half price marked down to $79. Yeah right like I need another jacket like a whole in the head but you can't argue with a bargain like that and it was worth every cent of its original price. Also bought a knitted hat for a Christmas gift for stepson's girlfriend, I couldn't have made it for the $15 it was reduced to. Some chocolates from a handmade choc shop for Mike (turkish delight so I wasn't tempted, urrgh). And a homemade jar of cauliflower pickles. Yum! And a dress, which will be lovely and light for the summer, marked down from $139 to ... wait for it ... $30 !! Looked great with my long stripey socks on when I came out of the change room and modelled it! ha. Mum had fun too and got some really cool aqua coloured flat shoes. And we had a fantastic lunch at a cool little cafe called Gusto. Note to anyone going down there, the vegie stack with goats milk feta is yummo!
We travelled over to Point Lonsdale, I hadn't been round this area for ages and had a wander out to the pier.
Came home Wednesday arvo and imagine my surprise when I saw Mike. Just to remind you this is his BEFORE ... Mr-Joe-Cool-I-want-to-grow-my-hair-long-so-everyone-thinks-I'm-hip ...
And I came home to this ... Woah, didn't see that happening. He'd gone into town and actually paid, yes don't fall over in shock, but PAID for a hair cut. See he NEVER pays for a hair cut, as long as I've known him he just gets me to use the clippers. I went into shock. And it looks soooooo much better.
So I'm still on hols from work, just got this week and next week to go, but loving every single day. Had a nice 6km run while I was back home around the old neighbourhood. And tomorrow I have a lunch planned with some old workmates. Got to love this holiday gig.






1 comment:
What a lovely way to spend time with your Mum!! Isn't the pier lovely? Beautiful part of the world. Quite love the shops, too. ;) I think we ate at Cafe Gusto years ago and I think. There are so many lovely cafes in Queenscliff!
Post a Comment