Sunday, August 5, 2012

We're in the home straight

I can't believe we're up to Week 10.  I must admit when I started pre-season and then the 12 weeks started in earnest, I couldn't imagine being this far into the program.  I had no real pre-conceived ideas as to how far I personally could go, or just how much on board my husband is with me, which has been great.  I guess I didn't want to hope against hope.  But here we are and I'm 14.1 kg down since pre-season commenced and I'm feeling pretty darn good about myself.

I was asked recently if I was going to do another round.   Well I am here for the duration.  I'm with 12wbt for as long as it takes, I've made that pact with myself.   I'm a bit of a checklist nut, so I like the Wednesdays, being able to weigh in and log on and post my weight.  I like that accountability.

I also am so proud that I got another email from Mish telling me I was still in the top 15 percent.  Woo hooo!!!  I know there's probably hundreds, if not thousands, doing the challenge at any given time, but it does make it more personal getting something like this.


I've been cooking up a storm here.  Last night we had the Sweet & Sour Pork again, OMG it is sooooo good! Mike kept saying "but it doesn't taste like diet food".  I kept answering him that it isn't diet food, it's just healthy cooking.   And today I've made the Thai Pumpkin soup which we had for lunch, and the remainder is being frozen.  Plus I've made my favourite Penang Chicken to freeze, I love being able to grab one of those out of the freezer on nights Mike may be going to a meeting, or if he wants a big bit of t-bone steak or something I'm not prepared to eat for myself.  And lastly I'll be making the banana bread in a moment, which I bake in muffin pans, which make for a quick and easy breakfast if I'm doing gym before work.  I've decided that the muffin pan idea was so much better than trying to cut the loaves for freezing, plus they are then a more uniformed size.

So have a great week ahead everyone!  Week 10, wow!

No comments: