I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl, and one thing this program has taught me is planning is the way to success. So here we are, early Sunday evening, my gym clothes are out ready for tomorrow, I have the dog's breakfast already mixed ready to go into the bowls, my work clothes are packed neatly in my bag to change into after gym, and I have things all done here so I can go to bed at a decent time and not still be doing the Sunday night run around finishing things I planned to do all weekend.
I think I'm good.
I wasn't perhaps overly good last night. We had a special meal here, eldest step daughter and boyfriend came for dinner, our first real one on one time with the boyfriend. And it was such a nice night. I think they've been doing it a bit skint so I planned a really nice dinner, roast pork, all the trimmings and apple crumble for dessert.
I will admit, I did indulge. But I was mindful of it. I guess the change in me has been that in times past it would be mindless eating. Okay so I was mindful of the calories going in. But also mindful of the exercise that was going to have to counteract it. So that's a good thing right? Or am I totally on the wrong track there?
Anyway all in all it was a TERRIFIC night and I wouldn't have changed the menu a bit. It was nice seeing happy faces and full bellies.
I've also worked out today that gardening is a GREAT exercise for the arms. Oh Lordy Lord my arms are aching, as I tackled the disaster that my garden has become. Holy heck, there was some weed pulling going on today.
So here we are in the final days of the program and I'm signing up for another 12 weeks. I know this is what I need to do, to be quite frank, this is it. This is me finding myself and a lot of discoveries on the way.
Have a great week ahead.
1 comment:
Organisation is so important and like you, i like to fly by the seat of my admittedly still massive trousers. What a challenge. By the way, how lovely of you to make a fuss of your step daughter and her boyfriend - I hope you really enjoyed the evening and the food. Those are special times.
Post a Comment