So although I commenced at 112.3kg, that was at the start of pre-season to the round so for my own personal records that's where my journey began. However the start of the Round 2 I commenced at 108, and here are my official stats with only one slight blimp in the radar where I gained 200grams I think it was.
It's quite mind blowing to think I have lost over 10% of my body. Gone. Never to be found again. Good riddance I say.
I love that this program encompasses so many facets to weight loss. Not just the numbers on the scale, but the measurements and the fitness levels, along with the mind.
I'm finding it mindblowing that I have lost 10.5 cm in my waist and 9.5cm in my hips. I'm now fitting into clothes I have never fitted into ... still with tags in my cupboards!! I'm taking so much more care with how I dress now too. Okay sure I have a looooooong way to go still, but the journey is pretty incredible.
My fitness too, I remember that first time trial I did with the terrific ladies from the 12wbt Warrnambool & Surrounds group. I thought I was going to die I'm sure. My heart was beating through my chest, I didn't quite know just how long a kilometre was to run! And my PB (still with the olympic talk!!) is 39 seconds better. Yahoo.
Amazingly though the wall sit. I remember that first wall sit I collapsed, literally in a pile on the floor in 11 seconds flat! My legs were shaking and just couldn't hold me. By week 12, I was doing a 1 minute 15 wall sit. My legs were still shaking, but so much stronger. I still need to master the whole push ups on the toes. That can be a commitment to achieve for my fitness for Round 3.
Speaking about commitment...
One of the tasks heading into this round is to say it out loud and give a commitment. This is mine:
My commitment is to myself, to my husband and family, to my health, to my future, and to you Michelle. A big turning point to me in round 2 was actually telling my husband my weight. Wow. What a load off. That really commited me, it was out there into the universe. I commit to continue on this path, as long as it takes to get to the end. I am a woman of my word. I commit to continue the exercise. I commit to continue blogging. I commit to reach out to the 12wbt family for support. I commit to the universe. Yep, hear that universe. I COMMIT TO YOU! This is it. No turning back now, I'm on the journey and I don't half do things at all.
Having said that though, the scary thing is I have done all this before, back in my 30's. But no more. I am going to achieve it this time.
Now ... having just said about loving the whole clothes aspect to this weight loss, I have a Bush Dance to go to tonight, pretty left field for us, but boy I'm looking forward to kicking up my heels, and just quietly I have a new pair of burgundy coloured jeans I'm dying to wear. Woooo hooooo!!! Mike won't be losing me on the dance floor tonight!


1 comment:
congrats on the past 12+ weeks, Carol. You have made some amazing changes. And a big congrats on the wall sit too - they were my nemesis when I started!
Post a Comment