My first gain in the program. And sure it was only 200 grams. But it still hurt to put it on my ticker, to see my graph nudge up just a wee little bit.
I haven't been vigilant. I haven't been writing down my calories. I'm nearly at the end and I pure and simple slackened off. And now I know I can't do that. I can't run before I walk.
&#(*$&@$#)@(*@(*QQE#W*W(&#$*)(@ <<insert bad words there>>
So the moral of this story:
So back to the drawing board I go. And it's movie night tomorrow night with the girls and the phone message said "somewhere exotic for dinner?" Urrgh. I'm just playing it by ear.
Families, hmmmph...
I want to talk about saboteurs. Flip that's a horrid word to spell, I think I've still spelt it wrong. Or maybe not even saboteurs, but words unspoken.
I'm not meaning this post to be a downer, but recently I went back home to visit family and attend my nephew's first communion. Now my mum has known I've been on 12wbt since the start, the last time I saw her was on Mother's Day so right at the start of the pre-season. I tell her on the phone how much I've lost each week. She knows it's significant because I always translate it into pounds for her so she gets it.
So I was expecting, perhaps sadly so, a bit more of a reaction from her. I had my beautiful new bright green coat on and when I arrived and took it off, she didn't say a word. I had to actually point at myself and say "WELL?". And all I got was a "oh yes, that's terrific, look at you" and then she went on to talk about every single flipping person in the neighbourhood and what they were up to.
That was it. I tried not to take it personally.
On the other hand earlier in the morning the same scenario with my sister-in-law (who had only found out the night before on the phone how much weight I had lost) and I took my coat off and OMG, she was jumping up and down, screaming, hugging me, more jumping up and down together and really made my day. And the look of shock and pure and utter delight on her face was so precious.
How different the reactions were. And I still can't work it out. :-(

1 comment:
I totally understand this :(
And I still havent figured it out myself. Everyone knows that this is my first round of 12wbt and I update fb and tell everyone on a weekly basis about my weight loss. Yet my grandmother whom I guess I can honestly say I havent had an extremely close relationship with never says anything really:( and honestly yes it does hurt :(. Yet other people almost have to pick their mouth up off the ground when I see them lol (such the opposite reaction and feeling for me too). I guess its just different people :S. Great Work and Well Done on your weightloss :D
Post a Comment