Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Melb Mara Celebrations! Finally.

So we have a group of runners in Warrnie, we're all part of the Runners Connect group, our fabulous online group of girls who have all done 12WBT and who have found a love of running.  And as it happened we all did the Melbourne Marathon Festival.  Three did the full marathon (ay yay yay!!) and the rest of us did the half marathon (that was hard enough!!).

211 kilometres between this group of seven women.

So Kellie had the great idea we should all pop the smelly runners away in the wardrobe and frock up and have a lovely dinner together.  Yep, we'll all be in that.  Only catch.  We had to wear our medals! bwahahahaha.  To the ritzy chi chi pooh pooh Club Warrnambool.  Well I guess our finishers medals were the perfect bling.

As I was getting ready I texted Kellie that I felt like I was getting ready for one of the old 12WBT finale parties we used to go to.  I was soooo looking forward to this night.

Here are a few of us on arrival...  Pre-dinner drinks.  (excuse the phone photos taken indoors).



Popped together a collage of all of us.  These girls are so freaking inspirational, I'm so glad to call them my friends.  We've all had hurdles to go through in our training, and despite us all running our separate races, it was very comforting knowing we were all out there at the same time doing our thing.


Kellie had a fun idea, she made up some questions and we each had to draw one and answer it.  Heck in the end we all answered each question, it was fun.

Such as "what was the first thing you ate after your run, and would Michelle Bridges approve" oh goodness I got that one.  Okay I fess up, it was a huge bucket of very salty potato wedges and a large chocolate smoothie.  And no she probably wouldn't approve but I ate every bit and licked my fingers too!



Mel had the perfect response to this question.  Yep Mel and Deeks after the race.  Lucky duck.



The restaurant staff must have thought we were a hoot.  One last pic before we left.  I think we should do this more often, maybe after each big event we are all at.  Fun fun.



Until next time my special running friends.  XX

2 comments:

Char said...

That's a really lovely idea. And it sounds like you had a blast. I totally think that you should do it after every major event. And maybe before too.

Anonymous said...

AWWW that is lovely!!!!! I love your running group Carol!!!! I don't care what Ms Bridges says - hot chips are soooooooo necessary after a half or full!!!! We need to replenish our salt & energy :-) :-) :-)