Monday, November 16, 2015

Hamilton Vitality Run

I'm afraid I'm playing catch up blogging!!

Last Sunday I drove up to Hamilton to take part in the Hamilton Vitality Fun Run.  I had entered the 10km and was thrilled a couple of my Warrnie friends were also heading up.

I saw the half mara take off as I arrived and I pulled the car over, wound down the window and yahooo'ed Kellie who was running on past.  Beware the crazy woman in the aqua coloured car, is all I can say!

I met up with Melissa and Alison and after picking up my bib and chatting to a lady I have met on some of the Park Runs up there, I hightailed it back to Kellie's car to keep warm.  We sat in the warmth of the car and chatted but by the time we decided it was time to make a move down to the start area it had warmed up, not shivering at all any more.



It was a lovely course, part of it familiar from the Park Runs if been to, then along the river and back.  Must admit I kept one eye out for snakes!!

Love this pic the photographer took on course.  How lucky to receive photos for free via their FB site.  I wrote and offered to pay for it I liked it so much.  Giving the official runners salute!!



Met up with the girls after the run...



And yep once again we colour co-ordinated unknowingly!



And another event completed.  A thoroughly enjoyable run, first time entered it, but it ended up HOT!!!



Next up ... City2Sea!

3 comments:

Char said...

Well done! I reckon that I'd fit right in with you girls. I have a pair of aqua Mizunos.

Anonymous said...

awesome!!!!! course look purty!!!!!!

Matilda said...

I'm always playing blogging catch up, you are not alone in that.

I was speaking to Paul (who owns athlete's foot in Horsham),he did the marathon. He said it ended up being 44km, ouch.
He also said it was not a flat course, but then he lives in Horsham the town of flatness.