Sooooooo, while he was fitted, I decided I needed a new pair also. I got them to check on their computer how long I'd had my last faithful runners for and it was Feb, so they'd done about 800k's! Time for retirement.
So Mike went off with Bree and I had the store manager Julian fit me. Despite being super happy with my Brooks Adrenaline 15, he brought that one out, plus some others he thought might suit, after seeing me run on the treadmill. Love that they check so thoroughly how your feet land, what your ankle is doing, etc etc.
So I think I ended up trying 5 pair on, and couldn't go past it, another pair of Brooks Adrenaline 15. I will say though that a pair of New Balance were a very close second, but I figure why try something new, when I was already super happy with Brooks.
Mike was still going with his appointment so I sat in and watched (and took a couple of sneaky pics). Here he is being studied by his sales expert on the computer, it's a video of his feet landing. He looks the part doesn't he, flannelette shirt and all !! Kudos to Mike, he'd never been on a treadmill in his life, he handled it well.
And can you believe after both of us tried all the shoes that were recommended for us, we both end up with - Brooks Adrenaline 15 - the male and female versions. We are a Brooks family, RUN HAPPY is their motto!
I took my pretties out for their maiden voyage and it was love at first run! I just don't want to get them dirty!!!! I've run in them a couple of times now since this pic was taken, and it's like putting on a glove, they truly are the best shoe for me. Although I am glad I was able to try some other comparable shoes from the other companies, just to check.
And Mike has been out in his (lily white legs and all) got to love this man. And he reports that the shoes are brilliant, he is having none of the trouble he had with his old ones. However he is still having a bit of ankle pain which he thinks is just a beginners problem now, he just needs to get stronger. He has found running on the grass verge much more comparable than running on the road.
So stay tuned for many more running adventures. I did my second Parkrun this weekend, and am tempted to go next week too, despite the hour drive there and back, as it's a dress up Parkrun, wear a halloween costume. You just know the thought of dressing up appeals to me big time!!! Still to be decided.





2 comments:
It's kind of sweet that you have matching shoes. The colour is awesome!
I'm jealous, love the colour. I think it's time I got fitted again. Might do that the next time I'm in Geelong.
Post a Comment