Saturday, October 3, 2015

Bush walking

Forgive me blog for I have sinned, not keeping up.  I'm out there running and being active, so that's my excuse.  I'm on holiday from work, spent some time in Daylesford with mum, oh heck haven't even uploaded those photos either.  I'll do some scrapbook pages so you can check them out then.  Here's a quick pic at Trentham Falls.  I also ran in Daylesford both mornings I was there - round the lake one morning and from Daylesford to Hepburn Springs and back to Daylesford the next morning.  Uphill against a head wind all the way back.  Who's great idea was that one!!  



And then last weekend Mike and I decided to go bushwalking, just up at the Picaninny at the Grampians, not one of the grander mounts because I wasn't sure how Mike would go.  I have climbed Mt. Abrupt (see below) before but Mike, even with the bravado, I'm not sure he was up to that just yet.  



The aim of the day was that Mike wanted to get some nice photos to use as inspiration for painting and I wanted to take wildflower photos.  They are on my big girl camera which I still haven't downloaded.  These photos are from my phone.  I carried a Nathan water bottle round my waist which was very welcome as the weather was warm.



It was a magnificent day, so beautiful.  Some pics of the trail.




A lovely view from the top, we sat a while and chatted with some other people up there.



Mike decided to do a Ussaine Bolt impersonation, or was that him telling the time from the direction of the sun, you be the judge.




And being that he wanted a good pic of Mt. Sturgeon and you couldn't see it through the trees from where we were, he decided to go off track.  Yes, it's moments like this that gives your wife a heart attack Mike!



All in all a fantastic day, we had previously bought salad sandwiches from Dunkeld and had them in the esky so when we got back to the car we sat down at the picnic table and ate our lunch, chatting to more people who had just arrived.  Yep, we are a couple of chatters we too!  



We have this area just a mere 1 hour north of us, we need to get up there more often for sure.  Mike has made it his goal to climb Mt. Sturgeon so fair warning, he's in training!!

No comments: