Okay so I have this blogger-turned-real-life friend Cat who is an amazing runner. And she put so much into perspective for me today and I thank her very much for that. I had posted on facebook about my run today and there were some high fiving well wishes and I felt like a fraud. I may have run (let's be honest, run-walk-run) 16.6km, but I was slow. It was misty rain the whole way. I stopped for some photos of cows. And I mentioned when reading the comments not to get too excited as it was slow today. An the amazing Cat retorts with: "Stop with the slow!! No one asks you how fast you climb Everest!!!!!" I shared that comment with our 12wbt Runners Connect online group and it resonated with a number of those girls too. So thank you wise Cat.
So as mentioned I needed a decent run today so to do something different I drove over to Terang and parked my car and ran back to Noorat (a town about 6km away) and then back to Terang and then a lap of the dry lake. It was what I set out to do and I did it. Was quite soaked by the time I finished, and starving, and oh so bad chafing under my right arm. In the end as I was running I was holding that arm out like a wing, no wonder the cows were laughing at me! I think because I was wet it was rubbing on my shirt, you know the flabby jelly under arm bit! ha.
Anyway so here's my very impressive map.
So as mentioned I needed a decent run today so to do something different I drove over to Terang and parked my car and ran back to Noorat (a town about 6km away) and then back to Terang and then a lap of the dry lake. It was what I set out to do and I did it. Was quite soaked by the time I finished, and starving, and oh so bad chafing under my right arm. In the end as I was running I was holding that arm out like a wing, no wonder the cows were laughing at me! I think because I was wet it was rubbing on my shirt, you know the flabby jelly under arm bit! ha.
Anyway so here's my very impressive map.
It's a good run as there's a walking/riding path the whole way, so you're not on the road at all. There was a lot of long straight bits like this.
And many curious audience participation members lining up at fences like this. They weren't shy at all.
Love that the cow is the official-unofficial-who knows- mascot of our 12wbt Runners Connect group. We all try to get a cow photo each week on our runs, makes it hard for the city dwellers, but they've been quite inspirational finding all forms of cows as well!
And in my quest to run 100km this August I'm up to 88.02 ! Only 12 to go with 9 days still to run. Yeeeeeha! Don't you love the eyes on the cow on the left, I wonder what she is thinking!
This is how ridiculous it looked as I was running, I did one of those panorama shots so it's a bit out of skew, but the cow whisperer sure has it, they all lined up along the whole length of the paddock to moo me on to victory!
Early night for this chick. Hope your Sunday is a good one.






2 comments:
LOL you are welcome!!!
It doesn't matter how fast or slow you are, in our sport there will always be someone faster or who runs further than you & I still struggle with this at times. I will never win an event. I'm middle of the pack. Making peace with that is hard sometimes, especially when people ask how fast you are or what your pace is. That I guess is what makes us runners a pretty damn fine bunch - 99% of us do it just because we love it (or love SOME of it) & just want to improve. And there is nothing strange about taking pride in that!!!!!!
PS I love the cows!!!!!!
You are out there doing it. That's what matters. You could be crawling and you'd still be one up on the person who says they are going to do it but never do.
Great work on knocking off the k's.
Post a Comment